Backroom Advice - Height

This weekend this thing came up on my mind.

As stated:

- Height stat is not considered in the match engine, just jumping.

- Backroom Advice: Height advantage/disadvantage

Question: is this "advice" referring to players height or jumping? If it's referred to height, which is a useless stat in terms of ME, it's a useless/wrong info!

Did you read what I wrote? :mad:

Am I not understandable or what? :p

If HEIGHT is USELESS in match engine, and the assistant says that "you have a HEIGHT DISADVANTAGE" what kind of advice is that?

If the criterium is JUMPING it has sense, otherwise it's nonsense.

edit: it's like having an advice like "physical disadvantage" where the advice is given by weight instead of strength.

I quote something

I find it interesting that the German Co-Head Researcher does not understand how the jumping stat works.

Height is a cosmetic feature in the game, which as no impact on the match engine what so ever. The jumping attribute is used to reflect a combination of player height and the distance he can leap from the ground.

So players that are small in height such as Tim Cahill and Cordoba can still have high attributes for jumping.

the bolded part above is spot on as well.

So players that are small in height such as Tim Cahill and Cordoba can still have high attributes for jumping.

Why is this not clear?

You say SI say something, and researchers something else? How can this be? I hate these things.

But height is not useless. SI have confirmed in the past that it is factored into the jumping attribute.

Ok but when comparing/judging players you look ONLY AT JUMPING, NOT HEIGHT.

So if assistant make this advice looking at height is wrong, cause a team with 190 tall players jumping 15 has a disadvantage on a team of 180 tall players jumping 16.

edit @ DP: so you can confirm that assistant when reporting is judging jumping?

I think what DP is saying is that when the researchers give the players their rating in Jumping they consider the players height and the ability to leap. Thus the height of a player is factor in jumping and the taller average a team have in height, chances are they also have higher average in the jumping ability.

However, I do agree with you. This assistant advice should only be based on the jumping-attribute.

I think what DP is saying is that when the researchers give the players their rating in Jumping they consider the players height and the ability to leap. Thus the height of a player is factor in jumping and the taller average a team have in height, chances are they also have higher average in the jumping ability.

All right, already stated. And I think it can be used from the game when generating players.

But I didn't want to discuss this. :p

However, I do agree with you. This assistant advice should only be based on the jumping-attribute.

Exactly, my doubts are regarding this.

I think we're all on the same page here. I guess the wording of the assman's advice sounds more natural than "Our lot jump around better than their lot"!

ahhahah :D

yes, I just wanna be sure that the feedback he gives is logical.

Just need someone from SI or other saying:

"Yes, the assistant is judging by jumping, don't worry"

or

"No. The assistant is judging by height and it can be a non-sense. We should look better onto this, maybe."

Archived