Help - Opposition Instructions "Ask Assistant" Greyed Out

AJ1

When setting the opposition instructions before a match the option to ask assistant is greyed out, can anyone explain why?

Does your AM need a certain stat to be a certain level before that option becomes available? I have no idea why its greyed out.

I do have an assistant manager, im Sunderland so its Eric Black.

Ok cool, I havent had much input from him, but ill keep an eye out. I dont get though how i can have a pre match advice meeting with my backroom staff and then they have no knowledge of how the opposition plays?

I'll watch out at Half Time and see if they have any input, else its time for a new AM. Also i've got a scout assigned to next oppo shouldnt this help?

Ok cool, I havent had much input from him, but ill keep an eye out. I dont get though how i can have a pre match advice meeting with my backroom staff and then they have no knowledge of how the opposition plays?

I'll watch out at Half Time and see if they have any input, else its time for a new AM. Also i've got a scout assigned to next oppo shouldnt this help?

Do you have any scouts set to scout the next opposition?

Do you have any scouts set to scout the next opposition?

Yeah, Stan Ternent is set to scout the oppo.

The assistant probably didn't have enough knowledge about the team to give you any suggestions. I have seen it greyed out once and it was against a humbug team I've never even heard about, they challenged me for a friendly.

During the pre match advice Eric Black "Feels he does not have the required knowledge to comment on this advice".

Does that mean that my scout hasn't given him all of the information he requires to make an informed decision? Or is it that he isn't capable of making such a decision no matter what information is given to him, therefore requiring a better standard of Assistant Manager?

P.S - The team is Bolton next and he still hasn't got an idea of what to do, just like against Arsenal, these are well known teams for an AM surely.

• SI Staff

The assistant manager feedback on the opposition instructions (these are the ones that are used if you click on "Ask Assistant" for the OI) depend on the talents of the assistant manager naturally. They also depend on the quality of the opposition, as the more dangerous the opposition players are considered by the AM, the more likely he is to suggest a specific OI to apply.

• 2 months later...

what skills give the AM the ability to set instructions for you. I have just replaced my AM with a better one, but his technicial skills and tatical Knowledge were both slightly lower. Is there anything i can do to increase his skills or havet got to replace him again?

Archived