Home Grown

Is there any reason at all why HG is near my players for the start of every season? I really don't get it, don't understand why its needed there?

So you get a glance about your squad, if you play in the champions league there are some requirements for HG players. It's good to know so you can plan your transfers ahead.

Would be better it being a singular screen on its own such as we have with Captains / Squad numbers if thats the case.

I don't think so. I think it is good to know now as it can affect transfer policy this season in preparing for next season. It's better apparent than hidden.

You could always use the Full Player Status view to have a look at all the icons appearing next to a player?

You could also create your own view that would have all the columns in it that you wish to look at and use for selection. The beauty of customisable columns! :D

I tried making my own columns;

1) You can't delete HG from the Inf column

2) If I delete the Inf column I still have to click on every player to find out his status

and the other thing you mentioned, full player status view, again its more clicking around when I just want to see it there in Inf as it was before (and they tell us FM10 will have you clicking less too!)

So why not add the Full Player Status column to your customised view and get rid of the Inf column? Surely this would solve your requirement by having all the icons on show in your main view?

And thats fine, but it still has HG and every other status lined up next to it, I just wish it was as in 09, the dominant status there (for example PR told me a lot, INJ did too) without being told I am stupid and that my English players are HG and my two foreign players aren't. I don't want to know, I know my team, this item does nothing and I want it gone.

Other than this gripe, best FM ever.

But you can already have the players nationality on the squad select screen anyway. if HG is going to be there full time I will find it irritating having to click on and off players to see if they have any problems and issues.

Nationality and home grown are different things.

And thats fine, but it still has HG and every other status lined up next to it, I just wish it was as in 09, the dominant status there (for example PR told me a lot, INJ did too) without being told I am stupid and that my English players are HG and my two foreign players aren't. I don't want to know, I know my team, this item does nothing and I want it gone.

Other than this gripe, best FM ever.

Foreign players can be home grown too, that is the point of the rule.

Well, surely the HG tag should not override other status tags. If they appear all the time that might be the case. Yet I wonder then, why this is the first time I see a complaint about it on here...

I've done 3 full seasons, its there all the time and does over-ride all others.

Archived