Football Manager Demo 10.0.1f80739 has stopped working

Game wont even load.

I am having a problem with the demo as well. I have installed it completely. However, it gets to the Directx part and then says an updated version is already installed and does not bother installng anything.

I then get a message which tells me the installation was not complete. When I try to launch the game the following error comes up.

Football Manager Demo 10.0.1f80739 has stopped working.

I am using Vista. Any help would be much appreciated.

As I said in another thread you hijacked, try uninstalling your current version of DirectX, then running FM2010 so it attempts to install the version of DirectX that it wants too.

Unsure whether you'll need to uninstall the demo as well before trying it.

Unsure also as to whether it will work but worth a try :)

As I said in another thread you hijacked, try uninstalling your current version of DirectX, then running FM2010 so it attempts to install the version of DirectX that it wants too.

Unsure whether you'll need to uninstall the demo as well before trying it.

Unsure also as to whether it will work but worth a try :)

The game loads fine. It just will not launch mate. Whenever I click on the game icon on my desktop i get the message which is the title of this thread!!

I am the only person who gets this message???:confused:

I have re-installed the demo on his PC (He is my cousin). The game installed correctly however when trying to launch it the program just stops responding. We are trying it again via steam and hopefully it works however we will keep an eye out for more information to try and help solve this issue.

I'm getting the same. Tried everything. I've uninstalled, reinstalled, upgraded Direct X to the newest version, tried launching it n offline mode....still getting the same problem.

Anyone with any ideas yet? It would be greatly appreciated.

ps - please don't merely suggest re-installing again, because after the 100th time it got boring.

I'm getting the same. Tried everything. I've uninstalled, reinstalled, upgraded Direct X to the newest version, tried launching it n offline mode....still getting the same problem.

Anyone with any ideas yet? It would be greatly appreciated.

ps - please don't merely suggest re-installing again, because after the 100th time it got boring.

Update:

I uninstalled steam completely. Removed all local data, then downloaded steam again, and then the Demo. All graphics drivers and DirectX are up to date, still getting the same problem.

I have tried running the demo before updating it, i have then re-installed, an the update and then ran it, all with the same outcome.

Any help would be appreciated as I see a lot of people are having this problem.

i had the exact same problem pnly that i was installing it into the wrong place have you installed it in "my computer" hope this helps it probably willl let me no if it does

good luck

How do you mean?? I cant choose where to install the game...:confused:

I have downloaded the game from Steam and also the mirror.co.uk website - all with the same results. I had already downloaded the latest version of the graphics cards. In another thread you said "make sure your net frame is installed and enabled".

I recently updated the laptop to service pack 2 so this has also been updated at the same time. Both the options you have mentioned had already been done.

Any more suggestions????

Thanks for your help by the way!

Even if you are on DX10 or whatever you will still need DX9 at its latest version installed somewhere (feck knows why but you always need some dx9 files) .

Make sure you download the DX9 AND DX10 (if you are on Vista) offline installer and then run both and make sure everything installs ok. reboot yoru system and in theory it should work.

Apart from that it could be memory issues or just some problems with your system. I suggest you run a system cleaner (look up IOBIT on Google and d/l their one) and see if it finds any issues.

hi i have downloaded the football manager 2010 demo and steam and have both been succesful in downloading. when i click launch on football manager demo the game does not load at all. but when i click launch again it says that the fotball manager demo is already running. it seems that the game was running in the background. once i clicked launch and it cam up a messsage click here to play

game when i clicked it nothin appeared but that has only happened once can any one help me in any way of downloading the game

hi i have downloaded the football manager 2010 demo and steam and have both been succesful in downloading. when i click launch on football manager demo the game does not load at all. but when i click launch again it says that the fotball manager demo is already running. it seems that the game was running in the background. once i clicked launch and it cam up a messsage click here to play

game when i clicked it nothin appeared but that has only happened once can any one help me in any way of downloading the game

try this link http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=156429

Maybe you need someone who is more computer literate to do this, Try going into your registry edit and deleting any trace of fm2010 then try a fresh install.. Sometimes when you install a game/demo then uninstall it, Traces of earlier installations are left in your reg edit which can cause all kinda problems.. Just a idea for you to try mate :D

does this mean the real is highly unlikely to work as well for me? I would like to know this before buying the game.

Help appreciated.

Macque-

This happened to me also, all you do

1. My computer

2. (mine is Vista) C:

3.Program Files

4. Sports Interactive

5. Football manager 2010 (make sure it isnt the demo folder you click on, run your mouse over the folder and it will say the name.

6. Right click FM10 and press run.

Worked for me

Archived