The Game Generally Feels Very Sluggish

I have only gotten as far as 2-3 days because it's totally unplayable for me.

It starts of fine but after a few clicks here and there it takes ages to respond.

For example, I go to click on a player name and have to wait 2-3 secs before there is an underline on the player so that I can click on it.

Same goes for the drop down menus. I highlight the one I want and 2-3 seconds later the menu works its way down so that I can click it and advance.

I am guessing its something wrong with my laptop but don't know what it could be.

If someone can tell me how to post the specs of it then I will and you might be nice enough to check over them for me.

Cheers :thup:

Have you made sure that your DirectX and graphics drivers are completely up to date?

Are you running any other memory-heavy programmes at the same time?

I have to say that my experience is the complete opposite, I'm still taken aback at how fast this game runs, its general "clickyness" feels like CM 01/02!

I have only gotten as far as 2-3 days because it's totally unplayable for me.

It starts of fine but after a few clicks here and there it takes ages to respond.

For example, I go to click on a player name and have to wait 2-3 secs before there is an underline on the player so that I can click on it.

Same goes for the drop down menus. I highlight the one I want and 2-3 seconds later the menu works its way down so that I can click it and advance.

I am guessing its something wrong with my laptop but don't know what it could be.

If someone can tell me how to post the specs of it then I will and you might be nice enough to check over them for me.

Cheers :thup:

Not had any problems with the game on my desktop - fairly flies. getting pretty excited now for the full release ( oo-err missus!!)

Have you made sure that your DirectX and graphics drivers are completely up to date?

Are you running any other memory-heavy programmes at the same time?

I have to say that my experience is the complete opposite, I'm still taken aback at how fast this game runs, its general "clickyness" feels like CM 01/02!

Hmm, I installed Direct x that came with the download.

Not sure about graphics card drivers or what graphics card I have.

Hmm, I installed Direct x that came with the download.

Not sure about graphics card drivers or what graphics card I have.

If you go to the device manager and look at display adaptors it should tell you there. Either come back on here and let us know which one you have or Google the name of the card and you should find the latest drivers are available from the manufacturers website.

If you go to the device manager and look at display adaptors it should tell you there. Either come back on here and let us know which one you have or Google the name of the card and you should find the latest drivers are available from the manufacturers website.

Okay its a "Mobile Intel 945 Express Chipset Family".

Any good?

http://www.intel.com/support/chipsets/sb/CS-022034.htm

Graphics drivers for your laptop can be found here.

If that doesn't fix it, I would speculate you have some other software running in the background hogging memory or CPU, come back to us after trying the graphics drivers.

Oh yeah, as Neji said, specs would be helpful to know. In windows, if you right click "Computer" or "My Computer" and head down to properties, you should get a summary screen of your processor and RAM details.

Archived