Something I've always wondered about the cold & flu

What does the physiotherapist have that speeds up this process? Often you get the message

"XXX has cold. You can send him home for 5 days or leave it to the physiotherapist for 3 days."

There is no way to prevent the cold and flu, so how can the physio's in FM do this?

I propose that the only option is to send them home - no manager in their right mind would let players come to training with the cold or the flu to infect the squad.

I don't think they mean that he trains for those three days. He just comes to see the physio but by doing that he also comes in contact with teammates somehow, putting them at risk.

If someone has a huge huge match in 4 days and the only star player in the team catches a cold, it could actually be conceivable to choose the physio option.

I also don't get the whole how physio makes it faster thing though.

What does the physiotherapist have that speeds up this process? Often you get the message

"XXX has cold. You can send him home for 5 days or leave it to the physiotherapist for 3 days."

There is no way to prevent the cold and flu, so how can the physio's in FM do this?

I propose that the only option is to send them home - no manager in their right mind would let players come to training with the cold or the flu to infect the squad.

One could think that the physio makes the players a nice cup of chai, heats up a robe and slippers, then tucks them in with a hot-water-pillow (can't remember the english name for it yet, but it will come). But I think it is just a game 'feature', although you can get shots/vitamins or other treatments these days I'm sure...

Maybe, just maybe, the physio could give hime some light work or some alternative exercise which would not mean a drop in fitness whereas going home and sitting in front of the TV or playing FM with a few beers would? Just a thought.

Maybe, just maybe, the physio could give hime some light work or some alternative exercise which would not mean a drop in fitness whereas going home and sitting in front of the TV or playing FM with a few beers would? Just a thought.

Not the point, it was how does the physio speed up the recovery not how does fitness drop so low.

Archived