Stat balance with the new editor

What is going to happen to teams below the BSN/BSS regarding their stats, CA and PA? If you take a look at the stats in the BSS and BSN, they are very low. Most of the stats are 1 with only a select few that are above five.

Now say someone creates the leagues so it goes down another two tiers, how on earth can you get a good balance in those divisions? I suppose you could go all 1's, and you could match them up to the BSN/BSS, but that won't work. You'll end up with a more stale challenge if you match them up, and going all 1s will mean the matches will be like sunday league football with very little chance of individual players making an impact.

So, GD, tell me what I'm missing.

What is going to happen to teams below the BSN/BSS regarding their stats, CA and PA? If you take a look at the stats in the BSS and BSN, they are very low. Most of the stats are 1 with only a select few that are above five.

Now say someone creates the leagues so it goes down another two tiers, how on earth can you get a good balance in those divisions? I suppose you could go all 1's, and you could match them up to the BSN/BSS, but that won't work. You'll end up with a more stale challenge if you match them up, and going all 1s will mean the matches will be like sunday league football with very little chance of individual players making an impact.

So, GD, tell me what I'm missing.

Just checked Kings Lynn - 22nd in the BSN - only 4 1's that I can see.

It is actually quite the opposite, well, not all 20's but you get me!

I am actually a researcher for a team below the BSS/BSN and I can say I barely give out 1's as it isn't as if players at the level cannot play football. There are a few 1's, 2's and 3's but mostly 4's and 5's for poor attributes at my level. Lower though, I can't really comment on that.

I've played fm in the lower leagues for years and there's not a whole lot of 1's around. I would have thought those players at level 10 clubs will be 1-5 in abilities and it'll slowly climb as you go up the tiers. Most of my BSN team's stats average around 6-8 or so.

In anticipation of creating lower tiers in FM10, I've created a Level 10-type league using the FM09 editor. 20 teams with reputation 50. The AI creates squads of regens. I find the attributes to be fair. Not all 1s and 2s across the board; it's the technical and mental attributes that are very low, and often things like stamina in the physical area.

Archived