Manager Talk Before Penalties

I would like to see an opportunity for the manager to say some words to the team before they go to a penalty shootout. You could give your Keeper a little bit of encouragement or even advise certain players which way to go to fool the keeper. Little things like that could make a very big difference in an outcome of a game.

Even if you had a little bit of Assistant Manager feedback as you pick the 5 takers. Such as "Player X looks a little apprehensive..." or "Player Y seems really up for taking a pen".

Sometimes a really good penalty taker skill wise just is not able to produce under pressure, whereas someone not so good would have the confidence to step up and blast one home.

Would be an interesting addition certainly

I like the assman feedback idea way more than the team talk idea :)

What does a manager actually say irl? I don't think he says a lot and I don't think it has any effect. He just checks who's ready to take one and then cannot do any more than sit back and cross fingers...

No pressure, just hit the target

Is the only thing I can think of which would be good because generally, players will try to score. There are only so many ways to take a penalty

Blast into corner

Wait for keeper to move

Down the middle

'Sneaky' Chip, slow shot, staggered run

And thats it, so the only things you can say would be

No pressure, just hit the target

Don't mess about (into corner)

So it's a great idea but I can't see what you would say to players.

i like it .. there are a lot of players who refuse to take a penalty due to pressure so why not give us any info. before the penalty shootout? especially if the game has gone completely wrong for some of them during the 90 min. .. they could have low morale.

I don't really understand how much this would add to the game tbh. You can't really say too much to the players before hand, wish them luck I suppose. As for if a player can handle pressure, if there moral is low etc, these are already in the game. You can check the stats etc before selecting penalty takers. You have to use your own judgement if a player has had a poor game.

Archived