Hypnotist Manager 2010

I'm sure this has been mentioned before, however......

Given the direction of address in team talks, the TT 'You Have Faith' actually works out as a statement towards the player.

E.G "You (the reader) Have Faith"

which I'm not certain you do nor do I feel I could persuade you that you did if, in fact, you did not.

For those who want to nit pick (obviously only fools would nit pick) 'You Have Faith In His Ability' works EXACTLY the same way.

Maybe SI should release a 9.3.1 to capitalise the H in order to avoid religious furore.

Given the direction of address in team talks, the TT 'You Have Faith' actually works out as a statement towards the player.

which I'm not certain you do nor do I feel I could persuade you that you did if, in fact, you did not.

For those who want to nit pick (obviously only fools would nit pick) 'You Have Faith In His Ability' works EXACTLY the same way.

Maybe SI should release a 9.3.1 to capitalise the H in order to avoid religious furore.

You know what, it really hasn't.

Is this a joke...?

What a complete load of hmmm, whats the word im looking for here? CRRRRRRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAPPPPPPPPPP...........good sir?! what r u like a former Oxford prof thats so bored he came on here to babble on about the fact he is clearly deranged and suffers with all kinds of mental issues?!?! Theres a rant and some rambling, but thanks to your post mine kinda makes sense.......

No, I was being polite. Unlike the post I was replying to and unlike yourself.

As for the contents of the OP - there is no rant or ramble. It's an honest observation coupled with a light-hearted, tongue-in-cheek aside on the possible consequences.

To put it in laymans terms (as apparently I'm some sort of witch for possessing a vocabulary):

Think about the Team Talk options at half time.

'I expect nothing less than a win\The team's pride is at stake'

'I want to see more from you'

'Sympathise'

'Encourage'

(single players only) 'You have faith' or 'You have faith in his ability'

'Pleased'

'Delighted'

Because in the first options you address yourself as 'I' (The First Person) then gramatically speaking 'You Have Faith' addresses the player.

Like a command or a statement of fact - However, the player may not have faith or any religious feelings whatsoever.

It's not that complicated. If you don't understand that's your fault, not mine.

Not important, just odd in a slightly amusing way.

Perhaps vaguely interesting for those who hadn't spotted it and passed GCSE English, although apparently enraging for those who didn't.

[Edit : To clarify, I found the image of a football manager trying to convince/hypnotise his players into believing they had faith at a half time team talk an amusing one.]

Archived