Your Chance To Decide!

So who do I restore to their former glory?  

24 members have voted

1. 1. So who do I restore to their former glory?

Ok, I realise this is the 3rd post Ive done on this however I dont feel I offered enough choice the last time around. I have also decided that all the teams in the poll will be ones who have suffered a plight in recent years and could be considered too big to be where they are. I will list the choices below with a brief summary of the challenge each will bring, then feel free to cast your vote.

1) Leeds United: Success in the 60's & 70's was almost replicated at the turn of the new century but poor financial management saw a spectacular fall in the clubs fortunes. Now plying their trade in League 1 where they have reached the playoffs two years running can I go one better and get them on their way back to the big time

2) Newcastle United: The expectations of the fans has also been huge in the North East but after last year even the magpies are realising that no club is too big to go down. An immediate return will be expected but what the club really needs is stability both on and off the field. The challenge to get them back challenging the top 7 but on the back of sound finances and no silly wage packets.

3) Charlton Athletic: Curbishley revelled in the budget game with Charlton and showed everyne that a club can make it even on a shoestring. However they were always punching above their weight. Their demise has been sharp and the club now find themselves in League 1. Can they get out of the division and return to the lofty heights of mid table premiership seasons!

4) Southampton: The great escape artists of the 1990's have seemingly lost their battling spirit. Multiple board rooms splits.takeovers and a whole host of different managements has cost the clubs its championship place. They have everything in place to be a premiership club if only the off field dramas stop.

5) Parma: Once a consistent top 5 team in the difficult seria a the club lost many of its big players during the early 00's and have never really recovered. As its heroes such as Buffon,Cannavoro, Thuram succeded elsewhere Parma became the breeding ground of top talent which was consistently sold on. Although they had some success reaching UEFA CUP semi's and winning a couple of Coppa Italia's the clubs league form dwindled and found themselves relegated from the top flight last season. Can they return to Seria A and do so whilst holding onto their better players

6) Aberdeen: It seems that Ferguson took his magic with him when he left for Man Utd as the Dons success immediatly stopped. Since his departure the club has watched on as Celtic & Rangers dominate the SPL. Mixed fortunes has seen the club qualify for Europe on a few occasions but also stray far too close to the relegation spots. With their last title coming in 1985 the trophy cabinet is filling with dust. Can anyne match the success of that Fergie era?

I will be looking to start this game tonight on my fancy new laptop so please please cast a vote if you come across this. Also I will use 9.0.3 if Aberdeen or Parma are chosen otherwise I will use a patch which has the latest promotion/relegations.

I see what you mean trek.....however I think that even with the money available in England & Italy any of the challenges will be difficult. Add to that the fact I am very keen on managing my finances, an aspect of the game I always take seriously; like Ive alluded to in the summary of each of these clubs I will be managing wages and finances very stringintly as I feel that it adds a realism to the game which others maybe miss.

I've done Newcastle and it really was a piece of ****. 1st season was promotion with 107pts. 2nd season I finished 6th in the Prem and won the Carling Cup (4pts off CL), 3rd season I finished 3rd and won the Carling Cup again and FA Cup and 4th season I won the Prem.

My vote goes to Aberdeen.

Archived