The Corner Cheat

thegame24

• 1 month later...

Erk...

Here....I dont use it though.

Right I think I have got corners thing sorted at last.

I'm in my third season now and after 10 games I have six goal from corners.

The set up is easy.

Set corners to 6 yard box.

1) Have your best corner taker set to forward and defualt taker.

2) Then you put your strongest and best header must have good jumping and heading on challange goalkeeper I have alou diarra here and he will normally get around 10 goals a season.

3) Get your second best header to attack near post this player will need to have better pace so he can get away from his maker.

4) Your third best header should be set to attack ball from deep. again he will need good heading ,jumping and pace.

5) The last player in the box should be set to stand on far post. This player needs good finishing and anticipation usually your quick striker.

6) put one player on short option he will need to be a good crosser of the ball. so he can put the ball back in if it is cleared

7) the last attacking player set as out side box. this needs to be some one with good long shots and a good first touch.

8) set all remaining players to stay back

this will leave the area with more space for your attaking players to find.

Hope this helps let me know how you get on

Originally posted by the expert:

nope that did not work had 10 corners against fulham scored none

Who are you using as the header? because it's pretty well documented. If you don't have a great corner taker and great aerial player then it won't work, I use the above instructions with Petri Pasanen and I ended up the season with only 2 goals from corners above Chelsea. Using it with Chris Samba I ended up with Samba winning every award going, the treble, and having 20 more goals from corners than any other team.

silva is crossing and per mertesaker is heading

That's the problem then. Silva can only be used properly from the right (opposite foot to side = inswingers) and Mertesacker's jumping is only 16. That'll need to a normal amount of goals. The bug only happens when you have a player with high bravery/jumping/anticipation (ideally 18+), because they win nearly all aerial challenges.

mertey is a beast he finally got one in 2 games ill let u no how he does in the next one i have zaptapa but agger is performing so well i cant drop him going to sell him to chelsea though in december when transfer window opens

2 goals in 3 games for the beast

The thing is, players like Mertesacker and Pasanen go through patches of form where they aren't fighting defenders as good in the air as them and score frequently.

Samba and Fazio, on the other hand, go through rare patches where they stop scoring hat-tricks. These go away fairly quickly.

i would get samba but i dunno how good he is against the best teams u had him before????, yea but i dont want bentley just so he can take corners i need a very good player aswell like i have giles barnes there and he is a cracking player

i would get samba but i dunno how good he is against the best teams u had him before????, yea but i dont want bentley just so he can take corners i need a very good player aswell like i have giles barnes there and he is a cracking player

He's champs league quality as a defender. Not world-class, but he doesn't make that many mistakes, generally keeps an eye on the ball, and will completely nullify any strong target man. He's also cheap as hell, no more than 2mil in the first window, and that's enough for his ability to make players like Drogba irrelevant, let alone the ridiculous amount of goals he scores.

Originally posted by topyido:

its not too much the corner take ive had ronaldo setting up 3 a game taking corners and his is 10 or 11 also pique is great from ronaldos corners he was keeping vidic out for me

I don't know about that, I've got plenty with heading and jumping 18+ but my best corner taker is Messi with 13 I think, perhaps other things influence it?

Height?

Strength?

Awareness?

Positioning?

i dont unhow this can be called a bug and a cheat

if you have players that are 18+ in all key areas required...and you set them up perfectly...i dont see how that is called cheating

MANY MANY teams base their game on set plays...and there have been many defenders getting 10+ goals a season for a very long time now

see bolton/villa/everton

lescott has 10+ this season...laursen has a few

i do understand if you say a defender scores 20+ then yes that is WAY TOO MANY...but 10+...sure...it happens IRL a lot !!

Originally posted by xXxSc00byxXx:

i dont unhow this can be called a bug and a cheat

if you have players that are 18+ in all key areas required...and you set them up perfectly...i dont see how that is called cheating

It's cheating because it's a clearly broken area in the match engine, as if a decimal point has been shifted sideways. Yeah, you can argue 10+ is fine, but that's irrelevant because we're talking 30+ a season here. Go look at the Cuellar thread or try and find the Vidic thread from when 8.0.2 was released, defenders are even reaching/breaking 40. If you don't see why this is exploiting, then get your head checked.

Originally posted by Arathonas:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by xXxSc00byxXx:

umm...yea...

Did your post have a point at all? Because I'm looking and I can't see one. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

He commented on his own previous post. Funny and strange. icon_wink.gif

Originally posted by pedrobrazil:

Im just wondering...

if you do that with a striker that already score his fair share of goals, like zigic or llorente, will he get 70 goals a season?

Probably mate try it if you want.

Originally posted by purefun:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Arathonas:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by xXxSc00byxXx:

umm...yea...

Did your post have a point at all? Because I'm looking and I can't see one. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

He commented on his own previous post. Funny and strange. icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

nice that you edited the part where i agreed with your view...

but anyway...the point i was making was that you are preaching to the converted

and if your brain still hasnt understood...try this...

I AGREE WITH YOU !!

nice that you edited the part where i agreed with your view...

but anyway...the point i was making was that you are preaching to the converted

and if your brain still hasnt understood...try this...

I AGREE WITH YOU !!

My post sounded a fair bit ruder than I wanted it to but I'm still ridiculously confused by yours. You argue that it's not a cheat or exploit, then agree that it is really?

maybe you mis-understood what i was trying to say

i tried to say that using this as a tactic isnt cheating...it happens a lot in real life

although i agree...SI need to fix the bug of the volume of goals SOME people have experienced using this tactic

maybe you mis-understood what i was trying to say

i tried to say that using this as a tactic isnt cheating...it happens a lot in real life

although i agree...SI need to fix the bug of the volume of goals SOME people have experienced using this tactic

Oh, that makes a lot more sense. And I suppose the whole "is a problem/isn't a problem" thing can't be helped by the fact that as you said, some people don't experience it. I tried it with Pasanen for a season and ended up with less goals from corners and set pieces total than Chelsea or United.

right now on my villa save i have a lot of goals from corners...well i have a lot of goals in general...i also concede a lot too

but basically cardozo, davies and bellaid all score a few from corners

davies has 5 and bellaid has 3....cant say how many cardozo has because he has scored so many impossible to tell which ones were corners

but yes, when i see cuellar getting 30+...you have to admit...not even scottish players can concede that many to a mid level centre half, lol

• 2 weeks later...
Originally posted by iaink:

what makes me laugh is that people complain about not getting the corner cheat to work when they have players liek silva or mertesacker int heir team??

that is sad

if the fact that this makes you laugh is what is sad, then you are right =).

yet too try this cheat with a decent team so im hull it doesnt work because ive not got the players! my friend is man utd and vidic and rio have scored 6 goals from corners in 11 matches or somethin.. and why is this called a cheat isit not just a perfectlly set tactic ?

Originally posted by Aldokemp(H):

yet too try this cheat with a decent team so im hull it doesnt work because ive not got the players! my friend is man utd and vidic and rio have scored 6 goals from corners in 11 matches or somethin.. and why is this called a cheat isit not just a perfectlly set tactic ?

Its a bit too perfectly set, if you get where i'm going.

It is a cheat, because you can use it over & over again. AI is implemented to break our tactics eventually so you need to keep changing stuff to stay good. If your team scores about 10 goals in 5 games by doing the same old thing, irl other teams would study how you scored and try to counter that. In this case the AI just fails in every option to break this set piece and this just isn't logical.

The AI SHOULD be able to crack the tactic, but apparently can't do it on this matter! --> Thus most people will call it a cheat!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived