Chelsea Finances - quick question

Currenty playing as Chelsea and in the 2021/22 season. Roman is still the chairman and feels he will

never leave the club he loves. But I was just wondering I've currently got about £35m in the bank but have been given a transfer budget of £142m. I want to go on a big spending spree and this will put me into the red, but does anyone know if Roman will pump more

money into the club or will we go into administration?

Thanks

I haven't managed a club that has gone into administration but I wouldn't care in your position. If your budget is £142M, you have the right to spend that much regardless of your club's finantial status. It should be your board who has to take responsibility. There's no sense in having a transfer budget way bigger than the club can actually manage. :) Just my opinion, go and spend the whole money if needed.

Even if your board is stupid enough to give you such a large transfer kitty, doesn't mean you should spend everything. Using a RL example, I suppose that you can just spend as much as you want on your credit card even though you'll go into debt? Be smart about the budgets you have, and be realistic...just be smart on how you use the money. No need to cripple your own in administration (unless you want to send them down the leagues into obscurity, then spend away. :p)

Spending that much will put you into the red drastically and is poor financial management. Your board might transfer list some players to reduce the wage bill, they may accept lower offers for players behind your back and they may enforce a transfer embargo. You may go bankrupt, be forced into Administration and be docked points by the League.

Although Chelsea are not a "Sugar Daddy" club, the Chairman may invest his own money [check Finances > Income > Investments] if the balance falls into the red. I'm not sure if he'll invest £100m though.

So don't do it! :D

Archived