How To Make "Real Madrid" Money?

I want to be able to make serious money from Merchandising etc. Any tips or ideas? I've been taking my team on tour's to U.S.A and Asia every pre-season to try and get more known, and have feeder clubs, but it don't seem to be bringing in alot.

Would appreciate any feedback.

what team are you? what season?

I'm Man City, but even though they have all that money at the start it doesn't seem to go up, I checked that 50% of all gate reciepts goes to the local council or whoever built the stadium...?

I've won the League back-to-back, and Champions League, but only have like £130M in the bank. And I haven't spent alot on players about £40M of the clubs money I made most my transfer money from selling players.

Try and get some worldwide rep. players, and feeder clubs on every major continent. Also cut your wage bill and be successful in cup competitions, so you can keep re-negotiating sponsorship deals every couple of seasons.

I've got a few Worldwide Rep players, my wage bill is £1M under budget and am successful in cup competitions, I'll see what my bank balance looks like the end of this season.

Thanks for the help by the way.

As a guide, the most i've been able to bring in to a club in merchandising ws 5M a month, this was after having Japanese and American feeder clubs and after buying Fabregas, Iniesta, Jesus Navas and David Silva all in 2014. Btw I was Atletico Madrid.

Plus the guy before me was dead right when he said keep your wage budget to a minimum - Im currently sitting at 54M a year in wages with a budget of 95M - quite a saving in a year, will give you a lot more spending power in the long run.

1M under your wage budget isnt really much

The trouble with Man City is that the ticket prices aren't high enough to offset the 50% going to the Council in rent I've found. Also you probably have a massive wage bill (even if you are 1 mil under budget like you and me) and are still leaking money at a ridiculous rate. With the Chairman injecting money into the club it isn't too much of a problem though.

How do you host friendlies, and take your clubs on pre-season tours?

In the fixtures bit you can set up a variety of fixtures from one-off matches, to a short trip, to a mini-cup.

You can select the dates and the teams and they will get back to you whether they want to play the friendly/ies.

the best money making tactics in general is to make friendlies every possible day, it's a little hard to find available days for friendlies if you play in the league, cup and champions league/uefa, but it's the way. Plus choose a team who is fierce rival - it gives more money. for example, I play with inter in the pre-season I play friendly every day. with one team you can play every third day, they won't accept sooner than 2 days to play with you. try a few times what is the smallest fee they would accept to play with you. For me Milan is the team that is fierce rival, next juventus. So i offer milan around 200k(euro) and the game itself generates me around 2milions , juve 200k-around 2milions, and after them it's barcelona, chelsea, real m, arsenal, liverpool , man utd and bayern m (i offer them 200k - the game is around 1.6milions).

the fixtures looks like

1 - against milan

2 - juventus

3 - barcelona

4 - milan

5 - juventus

6 - chelsea...

Once the season starts big teams from your country won't accept friendlies until cristmas or other holiday, so you must try other teams starting with those who generates you more money.

If other leagues are playable(for example spanish), I think it's harder for the likes of barca and real m to accept, but I'm not sure about this

as a conclusion I have no idea if playing every possible day friendlies in the pre-season is bad for your training (at least i have no problems winnig in the official games) but the millions I make makes me very happy:) its like ten games for 18-19 milions , and often the board gives this money to you when you ask for them

As Real Madrid in FM09 you should be getting around £140m+ per season from TV Revenue anyway. After a few seasons it's not uncommon for Real Madrid to be worth over £1billion in the game with a balance of over £500m.

Some tips for you anyway:

Wages: Probably your biggest expenditure, so try and reduce them, it's all right and dandy having a squad of 16 superstars, but i bet their wages are insane? A first team 11 on £100k a week will swallow an enormous amount of money. One way to reduce this is to scout under18 leagues across Europe and sign the best-rated youngsters early on small contracts. By the time they're 23-24 they might be requesting £50k a week, whereas signing the same standard player from Milan/Inter/Juventus might set you back £80k a week.

Merchandise: One of the most misunderstood aspects of FM. Merchandise income can top £100m per season and i've acheived this with Barcelona by 2015. Merchandise income increases by signing players thus generating shirt sales. Signing high-rep players is better obviously. Commercial Clubs help by multiplying the shirt sales. If you're not signing players you won't see much increase in merchandise sales. Signing Japanese, Chinese or US players will not have any effect. Touring those countries has no effect either, so don't waste time trying to schedule a tour of the US East Coast, or spending a fortune on Landon Donovan.

Pre-Season Leagues: A very useful way to generate cash in the short-term. As Lyon, i arranged a 4 team mini-league and managed to net £15m (in an 80,000 seater stadium) from the 6 games that were played. It's difficult to attract top class opposition and they'll sometimes reject invites even if you end up offering them £1m each.

And as for some general advice, pay no attention whatsoever to your "Wage Budget". Being £1m, £500k or 10pence under your wage budget is irrelevant. If you've just sold a big player for £20m and your balance is now £20m, you can transfer some of that to the wage budget and raise it by around £300k per week leaving a transfer budget of £0. So now you've got a massive wage budget, but if you're making monthly losses, your balance will go into the red. Too many people are glued to the Wage Budget when they shouldn't be :)

is there much benefits of taking clubs on tours,like for example if you go on tour in usa are you likely to see a big increase in merchandising, it makes sense in real life but is it implemented into the game??

Zero benefits i'm afraid. No impact whatsoever on finances.

If you buy and use a player, from a nation you have chosen to be your merchandising affiliate, I.E Park Je Sung (Man Utd) then play ALOT of your friendlies in South Korea/Asia, then you will notice a considerable rise in merchandising.

Trust me !!!! (",)

If you buy and use a player, from a nation you have chosen to be your merchandising affiliate, I.E Park Je Sung (Man Utd) then play ALOT of your friendlies in South Korea/Asia, then you will notice a considerable rise in merchandising.

Trust me !!!! (",)

Any proof?

Everything i've investigated says it doesn't happen.

Swisso KNOWS. As soon as the word "merchandising" is used in a post, Swisso will tell you about it. He knows that side of the game inside out. :D Without his investigations into this side of the game, I'd still be buying Japanese players for the money :D

Archived