My Team vs Mates Team - Can It Be Done?

Hi All,

I have a save game here where im Atletico Madrid, and my mate has a save game where he is Nottingham Forest, We want to see who has the best team and who would win in a friendly.

Is there anyway we can get the two teams to play each other without doing too much editing etc in the Database?

Cheers

AJ

I've always wondered why SI don't create some sort of add-on for FM that lets you do this. I am sure lots of people would buy it.

It wouldn't be possible, because you have 2 completely different game worlds. You could have the same player in both of your teams and he may be good in one and rubbish in the other.

It wouldn't be possible, because you have 2 completely different game worlds. You could have the same player in both of your teams and he may be good in one and rubbish in the other.

Surely it would be possible to upload the relevant data and variables to an external application. It's not like you actually need a database to play a one-off match, and it wouldn't be a big deal if both teams had Kaka even if his attributes were different for each team.

It would only need whatever data gets in-putted to the match engine before you play a game.

Surely it would be possible to upload the relevant data and variables to an external application. It's not like you actually need a database to play a one-off match, and it wouldn't be a big deal if both teams had Kaka even if his attributes were different for each team.

It would only need whatever data gets in-putted to the match engine before you play a game.

Wouldn't it be easier to just play PES or something if you just want a one-off match? Or just play in the same game from the start on a network or hot-seat play.

Don't see why it's not possible in the future.

- Establish connection between computers

- Both players pick a team from their computer (or indeed either computer, permitting a very basic view of the team plus player attributes minus history to save bandwidth)

- Server creates a virtual match between picked teams, uploads relevant team and player data to the respective user and they both start at the pre-match screen

- Bob beats Fred 34-0

- Fred is no longer friends with Bob

It wouldn't be, but football management is not about one-off games.

So? This is obviously something people would like, and it would be good fun.

It would basically be a stand-alone version of the FM match engine that would allow people to load their teams into it and face off against each other. Can you not see why people might find that entertaining?

I would love this. The ability to export your team at any moment in time and compete in one off matches or tournaments against other teams online would be awesome.

Probably doesn't come under the 'management simulation' umbrella though so I doubt it would ever happen.

You'd still be managing a team but not within your "gameworld", so it is still management.

If we can export a minimal set of team and player information for saved matches, then it should be possible to do something similar with two teams and marrying them into a single virtual fixture. My view anyway.

Well i found out an interesting piece of information today. The XBOX 360 version of FM actually shipped with this very feature in it. However there are no plans to make a PC feature out of it. I for one would love the ability to do that, obviously if it was to be released, start it off on a small scale and allow one off friendly type matches just to see who's the best.

I feel that SI need to push the multiplayer side of Football Manager more, completely ignoring FML as the two are very seperate games. It would be nice to have a more complete online complement to go alongside an already fantastic game. The ability to play one off matches for "bragging rights" would be immense especially many seasons in when you've established your team, players and coaches and your team are playing exactly how you want them too.

As far as im aware the Xbox 360 and the PC are very similar in terms of actual raw code, so maybe one day we will see this feature implemented in a version, maybe even as DLC if it couldn't make the actual release. Its something that while small would probably add a lot to the game.

The multiplayer in FM is just a tad too slow to make it worthwhile especially over the internet, no idea what its like via lan. If they could figure out a way to let you run the game independently but then sync the data back to some hosted version of the game, similar to FML in structure, but for standalone FM would be amazing.

Just have to wait and see, but it would be a very nice feature indeed.

Archived