What is the best FM for longetivity?

Sorry about spelling, but what is the best game out of the FM's in order for long term enjoyable play?

Sick of getting into 2020+ and FM2009 going slow as anything, i have 4GB of RAM, 250GB hard drive (two drives separated, FM installed on its own drive!) and two top of the range processors, it still goes slow with only 8 leagues loaded?!!!

:mad:

Opinions?

Sorry about spelling, but what is the best game out of the FM's in order for long term enjoyable play?

Sick of getting into 2020+ and FM2009 going slow as anything, i have 4GB of RAM, 250GB hard drive and two top of the range processors, it still goes slow with only 8 leagues loaded?!!!

:mad:

Opinions?

Quite a lot of leagues loaded IMO. Maybe that's the reason your game is so slow even with such a good PC you have.

I'd probably recommend FM2007, which from what I remember was quicker than 09, and it had better regens than 08. I did though have FM07 on my old, much slower computer and only loaded 1 or 2 leagues, whereas I load a dozen or more now so don't necessarily take my word for it on speed.

Everyone has the problem of 2009 running slow, no matter how many gigs or top notch processors you have.

I'm sorry but that simply isn't true.

How fast are your processors? Do you run all leagues in Full detail? Any programs running in the background? I assume you have the latest patch also?

I'm sorry but that simply isn't true.

How fast are your processors? Do you run all leagues in Full detail? Any programs running in the background? I assume you have the latest patch also?

It isnt true, but it is true you must need a computer with around 2k worth of parts in to work well with a decent amount of leagues loaded? :(

I have a lot of leagues loaded on a £400 PC (nopt including price of the screen, insurance, OS etc.) and it goes at a decent speed. Not as fast as 07, but decent. I could have cut down on price even more if I'd custom built.

Depends what you call a decent number of leagues. I run 20 leagues and have no problems with speed whatsoever. I had a few problems with responsiveness when I was playing unpatched but since 9.3.0 I've had no problems at all.

I'm in 2022 with 7 countries (16 leagues) running on a large database and my game flies. It's honestly just as quick as when i started the game. 3GHz dual core processor and 4gb of ram. I can holiday a season in 4-5 hours. In fact i've never had any version of FM 'slow down' the further i get into the game.

Clearly some have this issue but the majority dont.

OP what processor do you have? If its anything like mine you should have no issue playing FM no matter what date you get to.

Archived