Number of away fans

Its not been in previous FMs and as much I would like the feature to be in FM10, I doubt it will be in it but I would like the game to actually at least take into consideration the away fans because in previous FMs, there's been very little evidence of away fans, or at least in the lower leagues there hasn't, as the attendances only seem to be dependant on how well that team is doing and not the size of the away club.

i think it would actually be quite hard to accurately depict, simply because it's quite difficult to guess. i remember being at the Den once and watching us play Bristol rovers and i personally counted 46 away fans. albeit on a cold tuesday night.

i just think it'd be a pointless waste of time to set up code for this.

i think it would actually be quite hard to accurately depict' date=' simply because it's quite difficult to guess. i remember being at the Den once and watching us play Bristol rovers and i personally counted 46 away fans. albeit on a cold tuesday night.

i just think it'd be a pointless waste of time to set up code for this.[/quote']

agreed. To much research and time and money will have to be done to get any kind of accurate figures

The numbers can be pretty different in different countries, in Brazil for example apart from derbies and other games between teams located in the same cities and apart from games between a small team and a big one, there are are rarely many away fans. We don't have this culture of traveling to follow the club, due to the huge distances here.

And some clubs have local fans outside their normal regions, teams from Rio de Janeiro have many fans in the northeastern states, from from Rio Grande do Sul have many fans in Santa Catarina and Paraná but not so many elsewhere, etc...

Archived