World Class Scouts

You cannot 'make' them world class, but their reputation will increase if they have high scouting abilities and are at a high-reputation club

This is only true to some extent. You can be at Man U and take the rep of a scout from Local to National but it is impossible to go from Continental to World-Class.

You cannot 'make' them world class, but their reputation will increase if they have high scouting abilities and are at a high-reputation club

This is only true to some extent. You can be at Man U and take the rep of a scout from Local to National but it is impossible to go from Continental to World-Class.

nup, show me screenies of a World Class Scout other than the ones you start off with at the start of the game like Bettega in fm09.

I have ever come across 1 instance where a scout went from Cont->WC, that was Ferrara who was on my books (Man U) but not from my winning the prem and CL for consecutive seasons but because he was contracted to Italy at the same time. In another game he got WC by going from Scout to Ass.Man of Juve which doesnt count.

nup, show me screenies of a World Class Scout other than the ones you start off with at the start of the game like Bettega in fm09.

I have ever come across 1 instance where a scout went from Cont->WC, that was Ferrara who was on my books (Man U) but not from my winning the prem and CL for consecutive seasons but because he was contracted to Italy at the same time. In another game he got WC by going from Scout to Ass.Man of Juve which doesnt count.

Im with Brena, Im pretty sure they dont even improve. They also should be able to get favoured personnel like coaches do with the manager, same goes with physios.

Im in 2021 on my current save, all my 20 scouts are either National or Regional. I have had some of them since 2008, and none of them have changed rep even though we are a high rep club and they have great stats therefore finding good players. If coaches have this coded in then I don't know why scouts don't.

You would think after 10+ years at a club you would like them or players/staff members, but none of them develop in this area.

Most importantly I would like to see more development in staff, young coaches and scouts don't develop much. When a player retires you would expect their stats to be different 10 years down the track.

What is scout reputation about anyway? Does it have any impact? I just go by their attributes :confused:

I've no idea.

If logic applied then it would actually be a disadvantage to have well known scouts, as they would be spotted watching players. Don't think this applies to FM though.

I've never tried this so this is a complete guess but cant you use either the editor that came with the game or one like fmrte to do this?

Scouts can improve there attributes, well at least I have noticed that regen scouts improve there attributes under the age of 40. The reputation of a scout affects how much information they can find from a player in a smaller amount of time eg. a World Class scout is more likely to find out more strenght and weakness for a player after 1 match then a national scout. It works along those lines as far as I am aware. Also determination on the latest patch is very important for a scout and if you are ever goign to hire one, I suggest you get one with a determination value of at least 15, if possible.

Just doing a test on how rep affects wage demands.

Testing 3 20-20 scouts, 2 continental, 1 national.

Continental 1 £1,600 pw (Brazilian)

Continental 2 £2,500 pw (Spanish, based in England)

National 1 £1,200 pw (English)

So it seems that it does have some effect, and it seems that the club they are currently at has an affect as well.

Archived