whats the most you can ever get from marchendising?

im playing with barca, and have 2 financial affiliates.

i wanted to know, what is the most you ever got in a season from merchendising? can you pass the 100 million?

(get 8-9 million a month?)

how do you do that? buy world class/continental players of the country you have connection with+other world class players?

btw-is it true that you can get more then 2 financial affiliates? how do you do that? after i have 2, when i ask for another one they tell me after a few weeks they didnt find any links.

I don't know figures, but to get the most possible:

* Buy players with "World Class" reputation- "Continental" if you're out of them.

* Have as many affiliates in Japan, China and the USA as possible.

im barcelona and i have 7 worldwide reputations and something like 7+ continental...

i think the only affiliates from those countries are the financial ones, so i cant really have other affiliates from this country, and again i asked from the board another financial affiliate and they told me they didnt find a thing.(i have 2 at the moment)

im playing with barca, and have 2 financial affiliates.

i wanted to know, what is the most you ever got in a season from merchendising? can you pass the 100 million?

(get 8-9 million a month?)

how do you do that? buy world class/continental players of the country you have connection with+other world class players?

btw-is it true that you can get more then 2 financial affiliates? how do you do that? after i have 2, when i ask for another one they tell me after a few weeks they didnt find any links.

Apparantly it's possible to aqquire 2 Commercial Feeder Clubs, but it's not common. I've never had more than 2 in FM08 or FM09.

Merchandise Income is primarily affected by transfers. The bigger players you sign and the more players you sign, the more Income you'll see. The Commercial Feeder Clubs come into play by multiplying those shirt sales of X Y and Z players in the respective country, be it Japan, United States or China. Signing players from these countries won't have any effect.

By 2018, your income should pass £100m per season and will become your biggest single income, ahead of Gate Receipts and TV Revenue. It won't reach this figure by itself though and you'll need to consistently sell shirts which means recruiting players.

barcaincome.th.jpg

On FM08 and now on FM09 I'm easily able to acquire 2 in a long-term game, often a US and Chinese/Japanese one, I don't think other nations in the area are considered so it seems feasible to only be able to acquire at most 3. Unless of course, you can get more than 1 in each country.

Last season my club generated 76m in merchandising, I have a chinese international in my team, a japanese international and I'm currently going about buying an american international and a player from the UAE as well as an egyptian wonderkid regen. I'm not certain whether it all works or not outside of those countries, but I only have a Japanese and US financial feeder, and when I bought the chinese player got the message about increased revenue. Building up a reputation around the world helps, but I would say its certainly possible.

Also, I do pre-season tours of China, Japan and the US almost every season. July which is typically quite a barren month in terms of income, has seen 4.1m income mid-way through it from merchandising after signing one asian player already.

Also, I do pre-season tours of China, Japan and the US almost every season. July which is typically quite a barren month in terms of income, has seen 4.1m income mid-way through it from merchandising after signing one asian player already.

July and August will typically see sharp merchandise increases anyway in most games you run. So it's difficult to notice if there's any effect from touring or signing X player.

I've ran 2 long term Barcelona games and holidayed in both. Affiliating with Chicago Fire in 1 game and signing Michael Bradley, Joze Altidore and Landon Donovan and stopping every summer to schedule a tour of the US.

Over the 3 seasons there were differences of around £2-3m from the control game, which didn't affiliate with anyone, didn't tour the US and didn't sign any Americans. Which is a pretty neglible difference considering i was paying over £1m to affiliate with Chicago Fire.

Based on what i've found i doubt there's any benefits from touring or signing Japanese, US or Chinese players and there's no solid evidence to suggest there is :)

There might not be, but its great for the pre-season anyway, a hat full of easy victories gets morale of all players up to superb in order to kick off the new season. The biggest income I've had was 9m in the month where I had a takeover by a finnish tycoon. Although this July has seen it rise to 8m off the back off a few signings of young talents from asia. Still, last season gate receipts of 65m and season ticket sales of 28m were still more than the merchandising. The aim though is for those collectively to cover my wage bill, bonuses, non-football costs and others in expenditure. So as long as its doing that I'm pleased.

• 1 month later...
Apparantly it's possible to aqquire 2 Commercial Feeder Clubs, but it's not common. I've never had more than 2 in FM08 or FM09.

Merchandise Income is primarily affected by transfers. The bigger players you sign and the more players you sign, the more Income you'll see. The Commercial Feeder Clubs come into play by multiplying those shirt sales of X Y and Z players in the respective country, be it Japan, United States or China. Signing players from these countries won't have any effect.

By 2018, your income should pass £100m per season and will become your biggest single income, ahead of Gate Receipts and TV Revenue. It won't reach this figure by itself though and you'll need to consistently sell shirts which means recruiting players.

barcaincome.th.jpg

So if you have a commercial link in japan, you dont have to sign a Japenese Player to get a massive income, just players with massive World Reps?

Does playing a friendly match, or even a tour help?

It certainly doesn't hurt. Every season I do a massive amount of tours, hitting up the US, China and Japan first, as well as going to other countries like South Korea, South Africa, Australia, Saudi Arabia etc.

I also sign players from as many asian countries as I can if it makes sense, my merchandising has passed the £100m a season mark now as well. In the season I signed 2 Japanese internationals, a Chinese and american international, as well bringing in a player from the UAE, South Korea and Saudi Arabia my merchandising increased by 14m that season.

Already sold 3 of the 5 on for 25m as well, but the high merchandising income still remains.

Does playing a friendly match, or even a tour help?

All i can say for sure, is that theres no noticable increase in Merchandise Income from touring a specific country.

This might change in FM10 and i hope it does, because the likes of Liverpool, Manchester United and Real Madrid touring Asia is with the sole purpose of raising their profile in the hope of gaining more fans, in turn buying Merchandise. But this isn't in effect in FM09.

Unfortunately, others attribute Merchandise increases down to specific events, but theres no breakdown on where the Merchandise came from, so it's guesswork.

Archived