Will FM09 work on Windows XP ?

Just like the will FM09 work on Windows 7 thread.

I'm thinking of buying FM09 off Amazon for £15, just wondering will it run on Windows XP ?

SI would have been incredibly stupid to have ignored 60-odd percent of the OS market :rolleyes:

Make sure however that the rest of your system will cope with the game, especially the graphics card or the 3D will not work. Check the minimum specs for the game before buying it

My laptop is a Dell Inspiron 6000 if it helps. :confused:

My laptop is a Dell Inspiron 6000 if it helps. :confused:

I just searched google for the specs of your laptop. While you should be able to run fm with a couple of leagues I think you could do with some more ram if its possible to upgrade this.

I just searched google for the specs of your laptop. While you should be able to run fm with a couple of leagues I think you could do with some more ram if its possible to upgrade this.

I normally select 3 countries and play run each league that's playable on these 3 countries, do you think it would work ?

Thanks for the advice btw. :thup:

Game speed is very much a personal choice- what is perfectly acceptable for one player is slow for another. Start a new game and see what the recommended set up is and use that as a guage for game speed. The Dell Inspiron 6000 has been around for a while so make sure that its spec exceed the min spec for the game and that the graphics card has at least 128MB of its own memory

Game speed is very much a personal choice- what is perfectly acceptable for one player is slow for another. Start a new game and see what the recommended set up is and use that as a guage for game speed. The Dell Inspiron 6000 has been around for a while so make sure that its spec exceed the min spec for the game and that the graphics card has at least 128MB of its own memory

I like to take my time playing FM, it takes me ages to do a season.

I would say it would have 128MB alright, there's not much on my laptop.

Anyway, not be able to order it until Friday, just been on quite an expensive holiday in Portugal, so my parents are being tight, have to fund this one myself. :(

The 128MB I mentioned is not related to what else is on the computer but what the graphics card needs to have to be used properly- it should be identified as part of the specification of the card.

Dude, your getting too technical now. :D

I'll come back to you next week if it doesn't work.

Thanks for the advice though. :thup:

Archived