Ivory Coast Have No Goalkeepers?

I've just got the Ivory Coast National job, and I'm about to take part in the World Cup, but they have no goalkeepers at all.

Any solutions to this?

There is no possible way I can qualify from a group consisting of Argentina, France & Mexico without a legit' keeper.

P.S Is this the right section?

Welcome to the forums - yes this is in the right section.

This is a common bug that SI are aware of. Smaller countries are often left without keepers when their normal keepers retire. You will just have to hope that the players they produce for you (greys) will be decent.

It doesn't even give me any "greys"... and I just had my first game, a friendly Vs. Brazil.

Needless to say Kaka decided he'd take every shot he could from 30-40 yards, lost 6-1.

Kaka scored 4. Vagner Love 2.

and ty for the welcome :]

I think you can get around this by missing out a few players in your squad selection. I believe that then some goalkeepers will be generated for you to use but they will be greyed out players and not real ones.

Hopefully someone else will confirm. I had a similar situation in FM08 with Ghana and this led to me quitting as manager because I didn't realise that this was possible.

C.

Just noticed you actually posted this in the Career Update forum. In which case no, that wasn't the right forum. But a mod has moved it to General Discussion for you. :)

Indeed, new to the forums.

About to go into my first World Cup game VS. Mexico, no keepers still. ;/

Wish me luck?

Edit: Lost 5-1. Going to resign, save my pride, I don't feel like playing France and Argentina.

Funny thing is, I was offered the Ghana job and the Ivory Coast job together, Ghana had a much easier group, but no goalscoring players really...

Wish I'd chose them.

I had the same thing happened, but I took the Ghana job; the keeper situation is a little better (i.e., there's one guy), but not much...especially not when he gets hurt.

Did you try to raid the U21s?

I also have the national job at ivory coast! But i have at least one decent goalkeeper! He plays in German 2nd League at Fürth!

Do you play with small database? Maybe thats the reason why he's not available for you!

When I was managing Ivory coast I still had Copa at 36 and 18 yo crap keeper.

In the copa america i lost because they both got injured in the group stage and i played toure in goal (even managed to win a match w/o keepers :))

In the WC after that I had no injury difficulties and won the cup :D.

Archived