How often do you praise/criticise your players form?

Just curious to see how often everyone uses the player interaction feature to praise/criticise a players form.

Personally, I only use it in extremes - if a player has a string of games playing his socks off then I'll praise him for it, if he's had a string of non commited performances I'll give him a kick up the backside.

Might try a season doing it more regularly and seeing how much it can affect my players. I never get any complacency and morale is constantly at superb so I don't see many negative affects from doing this. Will be interesting to see.

I usually look each month when you get a board confidence update.

Players that I feel have performed well and are in the fans list as being in good form I usually praise (If several I normally only pick the top couple). Those the fans think are in bad form I consider further and criticise if I think form is particularly bad (ie not just mistakes giving a bad average ratings).

I usually then gauge reaction of the player for the future but if in consistent good form all season I would limit my praise to maybe twice a season.

I usually look each month when you get a board confidence update.

Players that I feel have performed well and are in the fans list as being in good form I usually praise (If several I normally only pick the top couple). Those the fans think are in bad form I consider further and criticise if I think form is particularly bad (ie not just mistakes giving a bad average ratings).

I usually then gauge reaction of the player for the future but if in consistent good form all season I would limit my praise to maybe twice a season.

I've never thought of tieing it in with what the fans think - will give that a try :thup:

I'm fairly sure the fans reaction is based on average ratings which gives you a good base to start from.

As I said for bad form you just need to judge yourself if this is poor performance or mistakes in the matches which is creating the low average.

The biggest problem with the praise is you get some players with "Feels he doesn't need to do much to get managers praise" in which case I just make a note of the average and don't praise them again unless the average is significantly higher.

Archived