Can a one-footed player become two-footed?

Could be a useful addition, but asking a player to learn with his other foot would take a significant amount of time and effort and i doubt many would be successful if you tried to replicate real life scenarios.

Also worth remembering that dual-footedness takes up a significant allocation of his Current Ability so it's possible that his attributes will decrease overall in certain areas to make room for this added foot.

the problem that lies here is that only a small percentage should be allowed to change or learn to use two feet. it could be a nice touch but if every player can be two footed then its not very realistic.

One of the reasons I am asking is that I purchased this player:

gooss.th.jpg

As you can see he is an excellent crosser of the ball but he plays on the left side and he is right-footed only. Although I am training him as a ride-sided player (right midfield as I feel his stats are better suited to a midfield/winger role due to his poor defensive stats) I would also like to improve his left-foot ability which is currently "very weak".

Even if I was to train him to a left-sided midfield role, I feel that I wouldnt be getting the best from his excellent crossing ability due to his inability to use his left foot.

His right-midfield ability is currently "awkward" and has not budged since I started training him to that position 2 months ago (in game). I have played him there a couple of times as a sub late in the game.

He has only played a handful of games for me but has impressed due to the large number of assists he gets from set-pieces.

WOuld very much like to get the best out of this youngster as he looks a real gem. Would love to get him using the left-foot a bit if possible although I really don't think it is:confused:

Maybe weak foot ability changes naturally throughout the game or maybe it doesnt. Id greatly appreciate any confirmation on this issue from anybody who knows about it.

sometimes it isnt a bad idea having a left winger thats right footed because he can cut in more often and shoot from distance .. take nani for instance plays on the left but is right footed.

sometimes it isnt a bad idea having a left winger thats right footed because he can cut in more often and shoot from distance .. take nani for instance plays on the left but is right footed.

yes but i want to be able 2 fully utilise his excellent crossing abiliy

One of the reasons I am asking is that I purchased this player:

gooss.th.jpg

As you can see he is an excellent crosser of the ball but he plays on the left side and he is right-footed only. Although I am training him as a ride-sided player (right midfield as I feel his stats are better suited to a midfield/winger role due to his poor defensive stats) I would also like to improve his left-foot ability which is currently "very weak".

Even if I was to train him to a left-sided midfield role, I feel that I wouldnt be getting the best from his excellent crossing ability due to his inability to use his left foot.

His right-midfield ability is currently "awkward" and has not budged since I started training him to that position 2 months ago (in game). I have played him there a couple of times as a sub late in the game.

He has only played a handful of games for me but has impressed due to the large number of assists he gets from set-pieces.

WOuld very much like to get the best out of this youngster as he looks a real gem. Would love to get him using the left-foot a bit if possible although I really don't think it is:confused:

Maybe weak foot ability changes naturally throughout the game or maybe it doesnt. Id greatly appreciate any confirmation on this issue from anybody who knows about it.

I have a right foot only, no AMR/MR rating AML/AMC but in a pinch I play him as an attacking right winger (hit the byline and cross). I don’t see any huge loss in his performance when watching the 2D. So just ignore the positional rating and play him there anyway. Training plus match experience should see his rating rise in a couple of seasons (versatility matters but this increases of it's own accord).

It may well be that positional ratings affect mental attributes in a subtle manner but I can't see it being coded to 'hit' all attributes. So a good crosser will be a good crosser no matter where you put him. My general experience fits this concept but I could be wrong :)

Incidentally weak foot barely budges in player development.

Archived