Suspensions being ignored

Just noticed my CB was playing the least match 1 booking away from a suspension. He got booked in the game and the commentary metioned he will pick up a suspension. After the game on the squad screen he isn't suspended and is available again as if the suspension has been and gone. There is nothing on his profile mentioning being suspended.

Does this happen to anyone else?

No, it's straight after the previous game and the next game is in the same competition.

That happened to me once too.

My influential centre back and Captain of the side, had been sitting precariously on an imminent suspension for an amazing run of 15 games without picking up that fatal booking. I even rested him against weaker teams at times to make sure he wasn't ruled out in games I would really need him.

Finally it happened, and he was very harshly awarded a yellow card for obstruction, which would have ruled him out against a promotion rival next match.

Imagine my delight, when coming to select my side for that crucial game, to find that there was no sign of a suspension and he was able to play, lol. :)

I wonder if after so many games without picking up the killer yellow card, the suspension is rescinded? I remember that used to be the case, if a player went so many games without a booking, his record would be reset, but didn't think that was the case anymore?

Don't think it's the case as I haven't rested him at all and he was still 1 away from a suspension before the game. Strangely enough my player was also my influential centre back and captain of the side.

Union of the Central Defenders must be very strong!

Probably took the european approach, bit of money in the backpocket of someone and it all goes away. Or just be like stoke, get two players with the same initial for their first name, and same surname and when the suspension comes they'll give it to the wrong player.

I think they have a deadline in the league where after a certain period, accumulations do not result in suspension any more.

In England, it's at the end of Feb or March (IIRC). This means that if a player has 4 bookings (1 away from suspension) by that time, the next booking will not result in a suspension.

I think it's to allow clubs to have their players for the important run-in period and not let them be suspended due to yellow card offences.

Archived