Lack of Goalkeepers

I'm doing the 8 Nation Challenge (proposed by PESFan Forums) and I go to Tunisia. When I arrive there some fake players are GKs.

Then, I find a 16-year.old Goalkeeper (Moez Tlili) and I put him in the NT squad and the fake players are gone.

Yet, one year later Moez Tlili retires from football at 16 which leaves me with no goalkeepers.

I am gutted there was only one Tunisian GK in the whole game and that the game doesnt let me put a fake player into the NT squad. Now I have to put an onfield player (2 GK stat is all I have) in goal. And wait 3,5 years hoping that a keeper who plays in a Tunisian team turns Tunisian nationality.

Can SI fix this?

What can I do now?

Is there more Tunisian GKs in the game without the Tunisia players loaded?

I'm Tunisia Manager on my save (around 2015ish) and I have 4 keeps in my pool (and another 2 that have Tunisian 2nd but wont play for me!). They are all pretty carp through, and cost me a place a semi final in the ACoN through sheer inability to stop the ball!

if you don't have all players loaded from Countries that are, lets say, less well known then when you manage them you have very limited options. I imagine over time some regens would come through, but there's not much point waiting 5/6 years whilst playing an outfield player in goal.

I don't think it really needs fixing. The game deliberately doesn't load as many players from smaller nations to keep the size of the database reasonable, it also gives you an option at the start to load extra players should you wish to.

What setup did you use when you loaded your game? Did you have a broad range of leagues loaded in order to get a decent variety of international players?

But surely it would make sense that the game should load enough players from countries, where you can be a manager at international and club level automatically!?

If not, then you really have to plan every single scenario (well maybe not that extreme though :p ) that can happen so you can load players from those countries when starting a new game, so you don't end up managing a country with "no" real players.

The game only lets you manage a NT if there is over 100 players for that country in the databse, I thinks thats right. Unfortunalty that dosent mean they have enough of each postion. The only solution is to laod the players at the start I'm afraid. This does mean that I cant manage Liechenstien even after loading all players!

So theoretically, you can have 101 right wingers and nobody for other positions, even if you load all players, because that is all there is in the database. And still be able to manage that national team. Sounds quite off to me. Not saying that you're wrong, because i think you're right, or at least in the right direction.

But gaming-wise, i honestly think it's a bit stupid. Provides a challenge though :D

I dont mind playing with fake players as long as they're there. It is unrealistically that a damn NT doesnt have 1 Goalkeeper.

It needs fixing, it needs at least to let us put fake players in the squad like Germany and Japan have.

You can't blame the game for not having the real players when you have not taken up the option to load them in the first place.

Calling up grey players is a decent suggestion though, you can offer them contracts as a club manager so you should really be able to do something similar as an international manager.

But it is unrealistical having no goalkeepers for a country no matter what it is.

At least two for each playable country would be nice.

The players do exist, but not all are loaded, because without the players all being retained, only some are loaded, dependent on reputation and where they're based. Hardly the game's fault if there isn't a famous Tunisian GK playing in central europe, for example. I'm sure you'll get a regen soon enough.

Would take a lot of extra effort and resources to implement a 'check' of sorts to load a certain number of each position for every single playable nation. Also remember some nations may not start playable, but become so, depending on number of the regens - I think.

True. But then if Equatorial Guinea have one real GK and two fakes or Seychelles and Japan have three fake GKs (like Bhutan,Montserrat, Guadeloupe, Reunion,etc...) why cant I have one in my team. I dont need to play one damn onfield player in goal in order to survive, do I?

True. But then if Equatorial Guinea have one real GK and two fakes or Seychelles and Japan have three fake GKs (like Bhutan,Montserrat, Guadeloupe, Reunion,etc...) why cant I have one in my team. I dont need to play one damn onfield player in goal in order to survive, do I?

True. Have you tried selecting one less than the number of players you need to call up? I'm sure I remember that resulting in fakes being generated on occasion. Might be wrong.

Not blaming the game, just think it's a bit off if it's possible to manage national teams "without" players.

I mean, you can load up a new game, and as you're playing you might get new ideas and thoughts about where to manage. If you find out that you want to go somewhere else then you have to start a new game and load all players from that country. But then you're on a different game and it evolves differently (perhaps) and you might get other ideas.

The easiest way then is to load all players with a large database and all leagues. Most likely though, the computer won't be able to take that for too long.

Grey players would be nice. Even if it would be better with real players, at least there would be players in respective positions.

Is there a way to know which countries that are managable when starting a new game? Like in, which leagues you load? If that is possible then that is helpful. If not, well that's just too bad. Because then it's going to be a bit tricky.

Having said all this now, i really can't say too much about international management on FM09, because i haven't tried it yet.

Just so you know, Dafuge. Not trying to have a go at you or the game. I'm just trying to understand how it is.

But if it's possible to manage a national team "without" players; i just think it shouldn't be possible.

Archived