Bigger jump? L1 to CCC or CCC to Prem?

Whats the bigger jump, or harder one if you will? League 1 up to the championship, or Championship to the EPL.

I may be geeting promoted to the prem, depending on other results and a bit of luck, so will the jumo to the prem be harder than the one i made from league 1? I worry about my club infrastructure, my board have hardly been jumping over each other to get the money out to improve things like training, youth and stadium. Come to think of it i only got a 38,000 quid transfer budget for this championship season!

Opinions welcome.

When i took Chesterfield to the championship, i made the sstep up to league one on my 2nd asking.

But getting to the Championship took 3 attempts. which was a pain.

I jumped ship after my 1st season in the championship seeing as my team would not be able to cope if promoted. 3 years down the line im at a different club & cheseterfield are struggling in the Prem with Southgate as Manager.

The CCC to Premier League, mainly because the Premiership is the most predictable and the hardest to get into a decent position. Any team can have an exceptional season in the Championship and find themselves getting promoted, like Hull or Burnley, but it is almost impossible for any team to break into the big 4 initially.

Just to update, i did get promoted. Not sure its a good thing TBH. I perhaps would be better off stopping in the championship for another season to boost my bank balance by a few million (assuming i can turn a profit again). Still, i will have to give it a go.

If you want a financial boost, wouldn't you be better served playing in the premiership, even if you drop back down the first time up? The TV package, possible sponsorship increase, ticket increase, etc . . . should give you more money to work with, I would think.

First time I got promoted to the Prem I just took the money, made a few young signings but nothing drastic. Got relegated and a few players wanted to leave, which the board went over my head about, but got ok fees. Beware though, if you don't get back up at the first time of asking (like me) the board will be on your back! Second attempt up I finished 6th though, so it can be done.

First time I got promoted to the Prem I just took the money, made a few young signings but nothing drastic. Got relegated and a few players wanted to leave, which the board went over my head about, but got ok fees. Beware though, if you don't get back up at the first time of asking (like me) the board will be on your back! Second attempt up I finished 6th though, so it can be done.

Yeah, afetr years of scrabbling around for money (and building up a decent + balance), on the day the budgets were announced they gave me 10 million transfer budget, upgrading the stadium by 2000 seats, and improving traning and youth facitlies and thus wiping out any real money made.

Archived