testimonials

Should be easy to implement though. I don't see why they don't add it. A match that can be set up like a friendly/friend cup. Basically you choose Testimonial then a drop down menu of all the players appears. Attach a few standard news articles with the basic fill name in here type of thing working off the drop down menu. Viola you've got your testimonial.

Thing is, does anyone really have a player long enough to have a testimonial? I dont think i ever have! My personal view is that i would rather give a retiring player a testimonial, rather than someone who came through the ranks, played for 10 years for me, is still say 26 and off to another club.

Plenty gamers have long-standing loyal players. Look at some of the LLaMa and challenge campaigns where a regen plays 20 years then joins the backroom staff. Brings tears to the eyes, so it does.

Yeah, im sure it happens. But does it happen often enough to warrant inclusion?

Yeah, im sure it happens. But does it happen often enough to warrant inclusion?

It depends on the gamer, it's up to you if the player stays for 10 years or not, so there's no answer to that question. It happens as often as it happens :D How often do people play games long enough to get a stadium named after them? It's a feature nonetheless.

this has been mentioned in the wishlist for fm10. i agree it shouldnt be too hard to put in the game.

say 10 years after said player plays his first leauge game for you u can offer him a testimonial at the end of the season.

if said player debuts at 17 and goes on to play till hes 37 he could get 2 :p

It's been mentioned for every release of FM I can remember.

I'm not against the idea at all, but it's not the end of the world. As others have said, you can create a friendly cup and call it a "testimonial". The bonus point is you get to keep the proceeds from the gate receipts, not the player or a charity ;)

Might be quite a nice touch though, but I would say it would need a combined trigger of a minimum of 10 consectutive seasons play for a club, plus a minimum number of appearances.

How well it would be implemented is another question, as it would require many hours of play to get a testimonial "appear" in the game, unless it was tagged onto players who have already been at clubs a long time. That then poses an additional research problem and would take a lot of time to set it up correctly.

With that in mind I can fully understand why it's not been implemented so far. Much preparation, research and testing involved for what ultimately would be a small feature.

i'd like the chance, becuase you might get invited for player x's testimonial, even if he is in league one and your top of the prem and to also get a player whos spent 10 years at your club as you if you'l play in it

It's been mentioned for every release of FM I can remember.

I'm not against the idea at all, but it's not the end of the world. As others have said, you can create a friendly cup and call it a "testimonial". The bonus point is you get to keep the proceeds from the gate receipts, not the player or a charity ;)

Might be quite a nice touch though, but I would say it would need a combined trigger of a minimum of 10 consectutive seasons play for a club, plus a minimum number of appearances.

How well it would be implemented is another question, as it would require many hours of play to get a testimonial "appear" in the game, unless it was tagged onto players who have already been at clubs a long time. That then poses an additional research problem and would take a lot of time to set it up correctly.

With that in mind I can fully understand why it's not been implemented so far. Much preparation, research and testing involved for what ultimately would be a small feature.

fifa manager does it with no problems

Archived