loan players not returning

i've searched for it, and this doesnt seem to be a problem for anyone else, but my loan players are not returning to the club!

a club came and offered to loan one of my youngsters for 3mnths during the jan transfer window, wages paid by me, and i accepted. now its a new season, and the player is still at the loan club, even though I still have him on my books. but at the loan club, hs colour is white and not light blue. also, his transfer status screen doesnt reflect any loan status whatsoever. I wouldnt mind if he's playing, but then I cant get any option to recall him, even though there was no loan fee involved.

I've tried save game editor to edit his status, but I cant when even the editor doesnt reflect his loan status.

anyone help?

im clueless matey, never had it happen! maybe have his contract at your club expire using a RTE then see what happens

i tried that, and it ended up him being the loan club's player and available for a free transfer, which was bollocks as now every other team started offering him contracts. :(

I believe it was fixed with 9.0.3, although you'll probably need to start a new game to see the effects of this individual scenario :(

ho nose, and i was putting off patching with the revision of coaches, now this, even more reason not to patch if it needs a new game:(

I've had this once before on FM07 with a 19yr old acadamy prospect

I couldn't recall him, release him on a free, or renew his contract.

To make things even wierder, his contract was auto-renewed by the AM/club, even when i had unticked the "AM to renew player contracts box" in my manager options, at the start of every single season.

His season long loan ended up lasting his entire career at the same club until he retired at 33.

His loan-spell survived 2 board takeovers and 12 managerial changes, where i was replaced on the 1st takeover :p

Im also having this problem with AC Milan. Certain players when farmed out to my affiliates aren't returning when their loan contract has expired. This doesn't happen when it's a case of players going out on loan to a team that has came in for them. Anytime it says its 1 week until a player comes back and i am given the option of declining the affiliate's offer to extend it, it just gets extended for another week after saying no! lol. My game was started on the 930 patch.

now i sold the player in question, and he still appears in my team list, even though in his profile page he's under the team i sold him to. and i could even decide which team list he should be in, 1st, reserve or u18!

Archived