NEW PC SPECS, would these be good enough

My PC is this :Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 Processor (2.4GHz, 1066MHz FSB, 8MB Cache) Genuine Windows Vista ® Home Premium 2GB Memory 250GB 256MB nVidia GeForce 8400 Graphics 6 USB Connections 2 PCI Slots.

Would it be enough to play FM2009?

If not, what would I need to upgrade to get it to work?

I can`t afford a fortune so if you do recommend something please try to keep it a minimum price.

I did have a similar spec and I thought it ran okay. I had to do a lot of downloading active x stuff and also updating drivers, but it was still horribly jittery. In the end I reconfigured my graphics function and got it to work adequately, but still had to go into settings of the game and disable pretty much everything on the 3D matches.

Got a 4GB laptop the other day and it's like a new game.

I did have a similar spec and I thought it ran okay. I had to do a lot of downloading active x stuff and also updating drivers, but it was still horribly jittery. In the end I reconfigured my graphics function and got it to work adequately, but still had to go into settings of the game and disable pretty much everything on the 3D matches.

Got a 4GB laptop the other day and it's like a new game.

So you would recommend more RAM, anything else your new laptop has that would make a major difference?

I personally would recommend about 4GB RAM for a PC of that spec, 2GB will run the game ok but what with Vista and the complexity of games now 4GB should give you much better longetivity (possibly consider Vista 64 bit to make the most of the 4GB).

Also 256MB graphic card isn't really that sophisticated nowadays so again I would personally look at something like the nVidia 9600GT with a higher MB myself.

As always depnds on your budget and how long the PC needs to last and what you want t for.

Ultimately that spec should run the game to a decent standard but who knows what FM10 will entail!

Hey,

Below is the system that I am getting. I know this is enough to run the game in the ways that I like. What I am wondering though is if mine could run the game maxed on everything all leagues and largest data base etc. If not what in your opinion or what do we know for a fact is needed to run the game at full.

Processor (CPU)

AMD PHENOM™ II X4 940 (3.0GHz) BLACK EDITION (Socket AM2+)

Memory (RAM)

4GB CORSAIR DOMINATOR 1066MHz - LIFETIME WARRANTY! (2x2GB)

Motherboard

ASUS® M4N72-E: DUAL DDR2, S-ATA II, 2 x PCI-Ex, 2 x PCI

Operating System

Genuine Windows Vista™ Home Premium 64 bit Edition + SP1, CD & Licence (£78)

Memory - 1st Hard Disk

1TB SERIAL ATA 3-Gb/s HARD DRIVE WITH 16MB CACHE (7,200rpm)

1st CD/DVD Drive

6x BLU-RAY ROM & HD-DVD ROM DRIVE, 16x DVD ±R/±RW (£69)

Graphics Card

896MB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX260 PCI EXPRESS

2nd Graphics Card

896MB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX260 PCI EXPRESS

Case

COOLERMASTER HAF 932 BLACK GAMING PC CASE

Power Supply & Case Cooling

800W Quiet Quad Rail PSU + 120mm Case Fan (£89) (Special Offer)

Processor Cooling

SUPER QUIET 22dBA TRIPLE COPPER HEATPIPE CPU COOLER (£15)

I am concerned about the graphics card, I will wait for the PC to arrive and then try the demo?

If you were upgarding this PC, what would you do first? On a budget?

I have this graphics card in my computer and FM (including the 3D) works perfectly. Not sure you really need to upgrade if further really. I suppose it would depend on exactly what you want to do with it. You can upgrade the ram a bit more but should be aware that the windows has a limitation with how much it will recognise. I installed 4GB in my system thinking that I would have access to all of it but I can only use 3.3GB which is more than enough anyway I think. If you really want more than 4GB then you should consider installing the 64bit version of windows.

I never found the game to use anywhere near 4GB (yes I know 32bit OSs can't use that much)

I have previously tried running with almost max leagues with 2GB, 3GB and 4GB of RAM and there was very little difference in performance, although I was using XP. With Vista 3GB should be plenty and 4GB would be more than you would need in my opinion. The average RAM used by the game is actually relatively low although it will obviously increase the longer you play.

Archived