What do you do when choosing a team?

Before choosing a team to manage i tend to look up about the club on wikipedia and see thier history and everything. If its a foreign team i'll even go to google maps and see where they are located and read up about the town etc.

What sort of things do other people do before choosing a team?

Before choosing a team to manage i tend to look up about the club on wikipedia and see thier history and everything. If its a foreign team i'll even go to google maps and see where they are located and read up about the town etc.

What sort of things do other people do before choosing a team?

Never overlook the Team Information panel in FM09, the colours of the kits really matter - you will be looking at them all the time, make sure they appeal to the eye.

i tend to chose a team that has recently played. I was considering Shaktar or Weder Bremen after last night Uefa Cup Final. I am really into my save at the minute with Roda JC in the Dutch first division so i decided against it.

I am 99% of the time always in England. I've tried Scotland, Wales, Holland and Spain and got bored after a few seasons. italty was fun but i picked the worst team purely on kit colours and went down due to some weird Serie B relegation rules.

In England though I generally pick teams I have a strange affection for in the lower leagues or a fallen giant in trouble. Though I've always had a Man City and Oxford game since CM 01/02

Archived