Where have all the injuries and red/yellow cards gone?

I only started playing FM2008 a few weeks ago after a break of about a year from the FM series and it seems to me as though there are unrealistically few injuries and cards in the game (8.0.2).

It goes without saying that everyone who plays FM is a football so im sure we're all aware of frequently players are injured in real life. I've found that injuries seem pretty uncommon in the game though, my first team players seem to hardly ever get injured, and when they do its usually during a game. I've found it to be quite a rarity for one of my players to get injured in training.

I've also noticed that my players recieve few yellow cards and only very rarely do they get sent off. Even the AI teams seem to have very few red and yellow cards.

Anyone else agree?

I only started playing FM2008 a few weeks ago after a break of about a year from the FM series and it seems to me as though there are unrealistically few injuries and cards in the game (8.0.2).

It goes without saying that everyone who plays FM is a football so im sure we're all aware of frequently players are injured in real life. I've found that injuries seem pretty uncommon in the game though, my first team players seem to hardly ever get injured, and when they do its usually during a game. I've found it to be quite a rarity for one of my players to get injured in training.

I've also noticed that my players recieve few yellow cards and only very rarely do they get sent off. Even the AI teams seem to have very few red and yellow cards.

Anyone else agree?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I only started playing FM2008 a few weeks ago after a break of about a year from the FM series and it seems to me as though there are unrealistically few injuries and cards in the game (8.0.2).

Anyone else agree? </div></BLOCKQUOTE> I usually get 4 cards per match all for obstruction or diving

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ^Goose^:

Anyone else agree? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I've made similar posts with little/no agreement before; not enough injuries, particularly in training; and although the AI gets lots of cards, perhaps too many, even on hard tackling and tight marking I've found I get hardly any.

icon14.gif

that surely gives weight to the argument 'it's your training' or 'it's your tactics'.

other people moaning that there are too many injuries and far too many cards and then someone else comes on and says there are hardly any.

personally i think that if your a team that keeps possession, doesn't dive into tackles often and doesn't tackle hard then your not going to get many cards.

afterall if you've got possession you dont need to tackle.

also if your training is good then your not going to get many injuries.

conversely if it is to heavy then you will get loads.

you will get the odd occassion when you get a few injuries all in one go though. but thats life for you icon_smile.gif

you are mistaken. I lost 5 players to injury in one game a few days ago. Bristol city = hacks.

Training wise...if you don't train hard you don't get inuries it seems bu if you want to improve the players and train harder I seem to get sufficient injuries to annoy me.

Archived