Ex Lower League Team's Youth Academy

Edit: Title may be misleading... apologies for that, didn't think it through when i posted lol (tried to change it but still not sure if it makes sense lol)

This may just be me but I went back to my Rushden save today after 2 weeks off as it was getting stale. The love is back so don't worry lol.

But it clicked.... my youth team is utter shizzle... Reeeeally bad players and the sort of youth I was getting while playing in League 2 and the like.

Are there any other managers who have dragged a team from the backside of English football to the heights of the EPL and still have a dire youth team joining each season or have you managed to make it ok?

I remember playing with Man Utd in 08, the youth team wasn't amazing but you could often find three or four diamonds in the rough, this time i'm getting awful AWFUL players joining and my Ass man is always saying one of them is an amazing prospect, but you do a coach report on him and they say they don't have a future lol..

Just wish I was getting some decent youth players joining so I didn't have to spend money poaching the players of other teams lol. I ask my board to improve youth training and all that but they say they don't need too...

Right thanks for the answers guys. Guess i'll have to work on that if i want to get better intake.

Also, was there really the need to use 'LOL' 5 times (or even using it at all) during that post?

I think there was.. I'm an upbeat person and i've found that if you come across that way in your post it encourages people to post in a friendly manner. If you don't like it then.. well I couldn't care less tbh, on most forums people assume you're on your high horse if you don't use a couple of 'lol's here and there. Shows you're nice rather than being an ass, as you just came across. You may not have been but saying what you did makes you sound so far up your backside, if you'd have used a 'lol' it would have sounded a lot different.

So long story short... thanks for the advice and yes, i think there was a need.... lol ;)

yeah, it will depend on your training and youth facilities, obviously your coaches will effect their progress to. Also, was there really the need to use 'LOL' 5 times (or even using it at all) during that post?

As its not against the rules as such, the question really should be, Was there any need to count how man lol's there were? My guess is no!

Heh - I'm pushing 40 and my teenage son says LOL out loud like a word, and I always tell him to just Laugh Out Loud instead - it sounds so much better. Then he just looks at me like I'm from the moon... ;-)

Edit: And I find that I very rarely get anything from the youth academy that I can use while climbing the divisions with a lower level side. It probably takes a few years of improving facilities, coaching etc. before it gets any good.

if your in the top division with rushdon then i feel your pain, if not then wait till you get there improve your youth facilities to the max lol , if that dont work do what arsenal do , poach the best youngsters available to your youth team and let them improve lol. i dont think ive ever one the champions league without having a few youth players playing for my then first team, if you dont have the youth players coming through its just 21 world beaters plus 4 donkeys from the youth, lol lol lol .

i allways blood youngsters but at the same time if nothing good comes through for a couple of years then im on the lookout for youth talent at over clubs, i like to try and get 1 youngster through every 2 years at the top clubs , it just keeps the balance and attitude of the team honest.

when you have young rb peter richards captain of man u at the age of 20 and ken aguro complaining saying hes a better candidate for the armband i just tell him to shutup and think to myself if you were born in mosside instead of buenos aries you might be cappo at 20 too.

ive noticed when managing the big 4 you seem to get a 1 world beater throught the ranks every 5 years and the years inbetween i just flesh out the youth squad with good imports :D lol

thats 6 lol's :D

Yeah I'm in the top league with them lol. Been there for 2 seasons, in my 3rd now and im in 2nd, clear by 10 points but 9 points behind Arsenal. Perhaps getting into Europe next season will help otherwise i'll be stuck at poaching the kids again lol.

that was 2 lol's I think lol.... make that 3

Archived