Issue with the signing of young talent

Im in my second season as money bags Man City and have gone out and poached alot of talented youngsters from across Europe for my reserves and U18's teams. They were all either signed on youth contracts or as 'Hot prospect for the future' on low wages.

My issue is that on the confidence screen where the fans rate my signings all these players are listed (and judged) alongside my 20million+ first team signings.

Next to each one it either says they are dissapointed or are waiting to see them play more games, this is echoed in the board confidence where they praised me for my Euro cup first season win and second place premier league finish but were 'dissapointed' at my signing of Steven Zuber cause he didnt play a first team game, despite being only 17 and costing just 500k!!

While its in no way game breaking it is rather irritating and unrealistic. If you judged Ferguson or Wenger in real life on the hoards of young talent they've signed over the years who never made it into the first team theyd both be out of a job.

There thats it whine over :)

Apart from that have no real complaints with the current patch.

Thats why I ignore any comments regarding youth players I buy - its just in the game to add any new signings to that screen - a bit of a pain, but as you say not 'game breaking'.

One thing I have noticed is that if you spend the time scouting and searching for good youth players and get them signed up, even if they dont come to what you or your scouts expected you can punt them on for a fair profit - I am using a Hearts save as my example, Hearts are pretty short on cash to start with, I brought in about 10 youths from various leagues.....sold all of them two seasons later and made millions - a couple have gone on to become first team players also, one of whom is dubbed the next Kaka, one the the next Seedorf - both also being chased by big teams all over europe - hence why I also always insist on min fee release clause's!

I have the same thing. Signed a young German AMR from a Serie C2 club, who's potential looked through the roof. Club are disappointed with his signing for £2k, yet he's got two £6m + AMR's ahead of him!

It seems a bit odd because the game only seems to go on games played / average ratings and doesn’t take age / status into account.

I signed Henry Saivet on a free transfer as one for the future and trying to give him some match experience, brought him on as a subs few times when games were wrapped up which gave him some first team experience, but didn’t really give him a great rating.

I then got my monthly confidence message and they said that they were disappointed with the signing of Henry Saivet, who at that time had made one start in the league cup and three sub appearance and had an average rating of around 6.7.

By the next month I had played Saivet in a uefa cup match in a nothing game against a nothing side (I had already qualified) and he scored two goals, picked up the man of the match award and boosted his average rating to around 7.2.

My next monthly confidence message said that the board were particularly pleased with my signing of Saivet after some impressive performances, despite onlyl having played one more game than the previous month.

It’s as if they simply looked at the ratings and decided 6.7 = bad and 7.2 = good without looking at games players / opposition / age etc. etc. etc.

Yes thats definately the issue, its seems purely based on game rating, which is plainly stupid. I mean Zuber is decent but he has 4 x 15mill+ strikers ahead of him in the pecking order, he only ever plays as a sub in easy games at the moment.

Thing is he plays regularly for the reserves this season and is our top scorer and was our best player in the under 18s last season, surely for younger players or people who are reserve regulars just switching the confidence to be based on their reserve/non-comp performances would be better.

As for the board banging on about old results, up until 2 months ago the man city big wigs were still harping on about losing 3-2 to man utd in the cup 8 months previously despite thumping them 3-1 at home in the league and finishing above them... lmao

• 4 weeks later...

I have had the same issues at Newcastle, trying to invest in youth and build a side.

It would be good if the confidence in signings could match the potenital of my coaches reports in conjunction to there match attributes in the team they are involved, either 18's, reserves or on loan.

Archived