Man city controlling finance

Hi, Im Man City in the 1st season, 4th in the Table after 14 games.

I Bought Aguero for 49million and a couple of others bringing my total amount of transfer money spent to 84million.

Aware that City are a rich club and started with a balance of around 200 million I am shocked and confused that my balance is now 80million and getting lower each month. My wage bill is 200k a week under the budget, and I already cleared a lot of deadwood from the reserves. How do I stop losing so much money? Any tips/ideas? ;)

I'm also Man CIty, a bit further in.

I woudln't worry about it. The chaps in charge put money in all the time, even giving more transfer money outside of the windows. As long as you are under your wage budget and get decent fees for outgoing players you won't have any problems.

P.S. Aguero is a bit good.

Just to get this cleared - your keeping your wage and transfer budget in suprlus doesn't guarantee that your club makes profit. Your bank balance can grow only when income exceeds expenditures.

Just to get this cleared - your keeping your wage and transfer budget in suprlus doesn't guarantee that your club makes profit. Your bank balance can grow only when income exceeds expenditures.

What he said ;)

Being 'under budget' with wages doesn't mean anything whatsoever with regards to monthly profit. It's often very misunderstood.

You can even increase your wage budget whilst losing money every month providing you have transfer funds to allocate to the wage budget, the AI doesn't take monthly profit/loss into account.

Luckily i think the Chairman is a 'Sugar Daddy' at Man City which means he'll keep 'topping up' the bank balance and never let it fall below a certain X amount.

Otherwise, reduce your expenditure considerably, ie. Wages. Once you've qualified for the Champions League season on season, you'll find it easier to maintain a healthy balance but in the meantime, clear any deadwood from the club, keep the squad trim and try not to exceed £800>900k a week on wages.

Just to reiterate what's already been said, I'm half-way season through season 2 and I lost that much money I got a news item at the end of season 1 about record losses :D

But it doesn't matter because your middle-eastern billionaire owner will put in a random amount whenever it's needed. Might just be £500k or it could be £25m.

There was a comment made by someone in a different post a while back saying that every so often the chairman will deposit the change in his pocket, which was a bit funny :)

Man Citeh in real life will be run like Chelski was/is under Roman. It will run at a huge loss but the owners have bottomless pockets. In the game they do operate as a 'sugar daddy' as swisso says. They will just keep putting money in to keep the balance healthy.

Archived