Team Talk

im managing benfica, i was playing sporting club lisbon in the semi finals of the cup and i was 3-0 up at half time (i was buzzing by the way since in all my 2 seasons they beat me every time i played them). anyways at half time i told my players "dont let ur performance drop".....its a simple enough order to follow. i checked my team talk feedback after the match and notcied it said "angered, seemed confused" from all the players. im just wondering whats so confusing about telling ur players not to drop there performance when there all in the high 7-middle 8 ratings. im confused why there confused lol im starting to wonder if my players are actually intelligent enough to play for such an illustrious club as benfica.

I don't get it either, i always encourage even if I'm leading 3-0 at half time, maybe telling 2 of the best players I'm pleased with their performance, experience players performing badly ill criticize from time to time.

The team's reactions to team talks is a known issue that needs tweaking for the next version-dont worry too much about it.

Always the next version. Yeah it's a known issue that will be addressed in the next version. Personally I'm sick and tired of constantly waiting for fixes in the 'next version', which invariably has a whole new batch of game-breaking bugs, half of which will probably go unfixed until the 'next version'.

im managing benfica, i was playing sporting club lisbon in the semi finals of the cup and i was 3-0 up at half time (i was buzzing by the way since in all my 2 seasons they beat me every time i played them). anyways at half time i told my players "dont let ur performance drop".....its a simple enough order to follow. i checked my team talk feedback after the match and notcied it said "angered, seemed confused" from all the players. im just wondering whats so confusing about telling ur players not to drop there performance when there all in the high 7-middle 8 ratings. im confused why there confused lol im starting to wonder if my players are actually intelligent enough to play for such an illustrious club as benfica.

Okay, that was the Assistant Manager feedback for your team-talk, but .. how was the performance?

Did your players' numeric ratings increase or decrease in the second half?

Did you lose 3-4? win 3-2? win 3-0? or spur on to something like a 6-0 win?

I'm asking because making them angry might have been exactly the right thing to do to your players, preventing them from losing focus, getting overconfident, coming out flat in the second half ... "Angered" isn't necessarily a bad thing, especially to players with a high Determination.

Okay, that was the Assistant Manager feedback for your team-talk, but .. how was the performance?

Did your players' numeric ratings increase or decrease in the second half?

Did you lose 3-4? win 3-2? win 3-0? or spur on to something like a 6-0 win?

I'm asking because making them angry might have been exactly the right thing to do to your players, preventing them from losing focus, getting overconfident, coming out flat in the second half ... "Angered" isn't necessarily a bad thing, especially to players with a high Determination.

The "Angered, seemed confused" feedback seems to be that they didn't understand why you said what you did. Like Amaroq says, check the feedback against the outcome of the second half as it may just be your assman being wrong. Wouldn't be the first time they were....

That's actually something I'd like to see edited in how our TT choices are presented to us:

If the game can tell that a team-talk is going to result in "Confused", why not just not allow us to input that? I mean, if a team-talk isn't contextually sensible, why let us say it?

Keep the team-talks available to ones which actually make sense, and I think we players will have much less of a feeling that they are a hit-or-miss guessing game.

Archived