Your Most Exiting Season

What has been your most exciting or close finish in any season of your game.

I ask this as with one game to go at the end of my first season as Mn Utd Boss the table looks something like this

Arsenal 84 Points +47 GD

Chelsea 83 Points + 49 GD

Man Utd 83 Points +48 GD

Liverpool 83 Points +45 GD

So four teams in with a shout of the tittle Arsenal need to win at 5TH place Aston Villa while I have Stoke at home Chelsea have Blackburn at Home and Liverpool go to relagated Sunderland.

So what has been your closest season ( with screen shots if possible will post mine later)

For me personally it was clawing Chelsea back from 15th in the league to the title by 3 points...where a loss on the last day would have seen Arsenal claim the league on goal difference.

I scored, then Middlesboro scored, Bobo had a penalty...SAVED by Cech, Bobo piled on pressure, 77th minute I bring on a certain 20 year old Argentinian striker who I'd bought that January...we hit the bar, they hit the bar, we get a penalty...SAVED...then then my striker scored on the rebound.

I kept checking the Arsenal result and it didn't help when I saw them go from 0-0 to 3-0 in a matter of 5 minutes in the second half of their game. It was a good way to end the season!!

It was my 3rd season I think... I had a very slow start, but ended up coming within a few points of winning the title with Derby in only my 4th season. It was decided on the last day, dissapointingly so. Didn't matter though, as I did it the following season!

Altrincham - BSP season 2, in and out of the play offs all season and last game of the season a 93rd minute goal got me into the play-offs. I lost my voice because I was shouting so much. Then I won the play off final 2-1 at Wembley after being 1-0 down with 10 men. I released the person that got sent off.. lol. Went straight down the season after it unfortunately.

• 2 weeks later...
<pic>

i only became manager after my season ended in the a-league as well, it was great. i think i started off about 10th or so with just a few months left.

Out of curiosity, who won the playoffs?

Anyway, my last season was nowhere nearly as good as some peoples here, but going into the last day, I was 1 point behind the leaders, Tianjin, with slightly worse GD. Both of us took the lead early in our games, but while I cruised to a 4-0 win, Tianjin soon conceded, and spent the rest of the game hammering their opposition to no avail (keeper MoM :thup:). I was so tense watching the latest scores widget, but the elation when it ended 1-1 in Tianjin proved why this is one of the greatest games ever made :D

Archived