n00b questions

Hi there, just a few n00b questions that i would appreciate some answers to, TIA.

1) I've been managing Newcastle now for 17 years FM08 and firstly, i would like to know the following:

My stadium is currently 75, 000 capacity and it used to get expanded every two years, so the first year it got was blocked by council then it went up 3, 000 seats and now it keeps getting blocked, is there any way around this and is there an actual capacity on the stadium, if so is it indefinate that a new stadium will be built?

2) I am running one league on a small databse, is there any general reason why the general quality of the players has significantly decreased over time? For example the vast majority of the best players now are not a touch on the players of old at the beginning of the game.

3) Will there ever be a point where I am too old to manage, for example when I am 80 or something?

4) Is there anyway I can stop the board offering me higher wages!? Obviously in real life I would not complain, and obviously to sustain the degree in realism, the game won't allow you to lower them but I am on 300,000 a week and would much rather it be 50,000 or something, this is purely to help maintain the club's budget.

1) Eventually if you have the funds the board may builld a new stadium. This is true to life as I believe Newcastle have extremely limited space to expand the stadium in real life.

2) I seem to remember that FM08 had a few issues with regens, much better in this years incarnation

3) nope, atleast not in the game. But eventually you will run out of memory and/or disk space

4) nope, but it does make it less likely your going to get sacked as your compensation would cost them more. Likewise however it does reduce the chance of other clubs offering you a job for the same reason.

one last question, my board now announce an incease of 20, 000 seats! However they temporarily decreased my 75, 000 seater stadium to 69, 000 seats in order to carry out the work. Will the 20, 00 seats be added onto 75, 000 or 69, 000? In other words will the final size of the stadium be 89 000 or 95 000

Also the less leagues you run combined with a small database will produce less players overall.

The more leagues or players loaded on a medium or large database the greater the variety and quality, the downside is this may slow down your processing speed depending on your PC specs.

Archived