Loan Player loves the club but won't sign !!

I am managing celtic and just finished my second season, for the 2 seasons I have been loaning Rodrigo Possebon from Man Utd. Is is a fan favourite and as won young player of the year in both seasonbs. I also get messages saying he is loving playing for the club.

However I have the option to buy him during the loan for a set price which Man Utd obviuosly accept. However he always rejects the contract saying moving to celtic would be a step in the wrong direction !!

But he has been playing for me for 2 seasons loves it and the club and staff are is favoured personal. Is there anything else I can try to do to sign him before another club steps in and grabs him.

Have the same with a young left back from Liverpool who I loaned to Wolves. Even after winning promotion to the EPL and being among his fave clubs, he won't sign, although rotting the Liverpool reserves.

Too bad. Now I signed another one and it would be too late for him. Shall he not come to me crying later on!

Have the same with a young left back from Liverpool who I loaned to Wolves. Even after winning promotion to the EPL and being among his fave clubs, he won't sign, although rotting the Liverpool reserves.

Too bad. Now I signed another one and it would be too late for him. Shall he not come to me crying later on!

insua?

yeah i signed him on loan for leeds in league 1 he was the best left back i could get for 3 years and he rejected a permanent move even though we had just reached the play-off final in the championship :(

I had the same problem with him initially, he was rating about 7.5 before christmas,and turned down the permanent move...I didn't read his reply obviously.

he just want a more key role in the squad and i hadn't realised until i offered it to him again 1 month before the loan ended:P

I had the same problem with him initially, he was rating about 7.5 before christmas,and turned down the permanent move...I didn't read his reply obviously.

he just want a more key role in the squad and i hadn't realised until i offered it to him again 1 month before the loan ended:P

Unofrtunately that wouldn't work for me. :(

I already offered him the key role he would have. A bit strange that he rejects first team Premier League football, but on the other hand it's also a fair hope for a player of his potential to try and make it at a top team right away. He could still move a year later if failing. Just then his chance to move to one of his favourite clubs has gone.

Ive had this in the past. All you can do is monitor him and maybe pick him up next year or the year after, or maybe even as a loan signing. When hes with a club like MUFC, they lure him in and unless hes either transfer listed, not wanted, then the lure is to strong to move away, even to a club as respectable as celtic. Have you tried unsettling him, saying youd love him at the club and stuff?

Ive had this in the past. All you can do is monitor him and maybe pick him up next year or the year after, or maybe even as a loan signing. When hes with a club like MUFC, they lure him in and unless hes either transfer listed, not wanted, then the lure is to strong to move away, even to a club as respectable as celtic. Have you tried unsettling him, saying youd love him at the club and stuff?

He just left me after the loan contract expiry and Wolves are his favourites now. I offered him a key role and more money than what he is on now. I reckoned if that isn't enough, there would be no point in making more fuzz. Also time is pressing as I want my team to gel and not wait with signing until August.

So I sigend another guy and now I won't have a need for him anymore this or next year either. Just too late.

All this assuming your reply was directed at me at all ;)

I remember on one of the older fm's i loaned a player off chelsea to hibs. After a couple of games I knew he was a player i wanted to keep. Enquired for him and they wanted around 2 mill and even though I didn't have the money I agreed just to see if he would join and he was willing. Obviously the deal fell through but later on in that season when I did have the money by selling players I tried again. The club was his favoured aswell as me. Unfortunitly he no longer wanted to join. Went on to be a 30 mill defender aswell and played for man u, barca and ac milan. Was gutted lol. Still it remained on his favoured personel that he loved the club.

Archived