transfer money carried over or not???

Originally posted by phnompenhandy:

Indeed. Real bummer. leads to the temptation to blow what's leftover on some mediocrity, which is hardly sound business practice. Maybe should be an area on negotiation with the board as part of fuller staff interactivity.

agreed.

transfer kitty is re=-evaluated every season.

so if you didn't spend it, you lose it.

in a manner of speaking anyway. because if you have a healthy bank balance and 'only' 30mill pounds as your transfer kitty, but you offer 40mill for a player and it goes through you can rejiggle the finances to get it.

the most i've rejiggled is buying a player for about 17.5mill up front when i only had £500 transfer money left

when i say rejiggle i mean put in your bid, have it accepted, the player accepts your offer and you get to the bit where you click the button to have it go through. but if you dont have enough money you get another button which allows you to release enough funds for your transfer.

there's no need to negoitate with the board or anything.

It makes perfect sense to recalculate every season. Whilst I'd love to be able to spend a big sum on a player and worry about the consequences later it would be totally ridiculous for the board not to re-assess our financial situation and decide that a £30 million transfer budget is not sensible when we only have £10 million in the bank at the start of the new season.

The reverse situation to what is being discussed also happens though - I often get a larger transfer budget than the one I had left over from the previous season. Indeed, sometimes I think my Bremen board are deliberately allowing me to spend too much on transfers so that they can watch me get the club into serious financial trouble and then blame it all on me!

Archived