K-League or Chinese Super League

The K-League has less restrictions than the Chinese Super League, and I think there's more money in Korea than in China. Although I'd say the competition in the CSL is pretty even, and I think I'm obligated to support the CSL. :D

You can't sign a non-Chinese GK in China too, and a limit of 5 foreigners...

How odd. Why cant you sign a non Chinese keeper. Any reason ?

I'm not totally sure, but I think that it's because the Chinese Football Association consider the goalkeeper the most important part of a team...

I guess it's similar to the Chinese way of thinking that if you're tall, you can play basketball...

I can tell everyone about the history of China and sports, but this is the wrong forum to discuss this. :p

Taylor, I would blame my chairman. :D :D

I'm not totally sure, but I think that it's because the Chinese Football Association consider the goalkeeper the most important part of a team...

I guess it's similar to the Chinese way of thinking that if you're tall, you can play basketball...

I can tell everyone about the history of China and sports, but this is the wrong forum to discuss this. :p

Taylor, I would blame my chairman. :D :D

I'd blame the manager;)

To the OP, I've played in both leagues and tbh i found China a lot more fun and have played with many teams there, so think that's the best option.

I have tried both, and in the K-League there is a maximum of 3 foreign players. In the N-League, there is a further restriction to that, a wage cap of I think around 5000 pounds.

In the Chinese league as mentioned already there's a maximum of 5 foreigners, and a goalkeeper restriction, I think this is to encourage the development of chinese goalkeepers which are mostly disappointing IRL.

Personally I lean towards chinese clubs, because you can sometimes find a really strong European parent club, and it's a nice challenge with lots of clubs (if you load the lower league) and players. Oh and i think in China there are two domestic cups ? Can't remember very clearly but in Korea there's only 1, and it's group based progressing to knockouts like UEFA, rather than straight out elimination

Archived