Player Value Decreasing.

Has anybody else noticed that as the transfer window approaches that the value of players who are wanted by other clubs drops regardless of how well they are playing?

Is this just a coincidence or does it happen on other people's games?

I have never understood ( at least with 9.2 ) why the value of a player rides on a rollercoaster all the year long starting for example @ 65.000 then climbing trough months until 1.5M then descending on late spring until around 350.000.... ????

It seems the major factor is the season ( winter,summer etc ) instead of real reasons.

No because it's my key players and I always tried to make sure they have at least 2 years left on their contract. The player that it just happend to has 6 years left on his contract as i'm still on the 1st season. Man Utd came out saying that they wanted to sign him,I replied with "keep hands off" then the next day his value dropped by £2m. This is just one example as it's happened many times before on different saves.

I have never understood ( at least with 9.2 ) why the value of a player rides on a rollercoaster all the year long starting for example @ 65.000 then climbing trough months until 1.5M then descending on late spring until around 350.000.... ????

It seems the major factor is the season ( winter,summer etc ) instead of real reasons.

Agreed. You would think that a players value would increase during the summer and January window so that the club could get more money for him and then possibly drop when the window is closed as it's not so important then but not the other way around.

Can't say I've ever seen this myself.

Did you say the player was playing regularly and playing well?

How long ago did you sign him? When you first sign a player his value is set to what you paid for him, but after a certain amount of time this will change to his 'real' value which is based on performances, potential etc.

It's Luka Modric and i'm Spurs so had him from the start, He's played 20 games scoring 6 goals and had 5 assists and has an average rating of 7.37 so he's not playing poorly. It doesn't make a difference if I sign them or not as I played 6 seasons on my last save and players like Modric and Bentley were my best players but as soon as it hit December/end of the season their value would drop. I'm not planning on selling him anyway but it would be annoying if you do sell because it would be likely they other club wouldn't offer as much for him.

After a player has been purchased the value listed is not his real value. I.e if you buy a £10m player for £30m his value will stay at £30m for a good while, before it slowly starts to drop towards his real value. That's probably what you're seeing with Modric and Bentley. It has nothing to with clubs being interested in them.

After a player has been purchased the value listed is not his real value. I.e if you buy a £10m player for £30m his value will stay at £30m for a good while, before it slowly starts to drop towards his real value. That's probably what you're seeing with Modric and Bentley. It has nothing to with clubs being interested in them.

If it was at the start of the game or it was a new signing I could understand that but in my other save i'm 6 seasons in so they should have got to their actual value by then but still every transfer window their value would decrease so you are wrong.

Archived