Change of luck when you save your game?

Too many times to remeber, I'm sure I'm just being paranoid and it's a psychological thing but I always feel like it happens to me and I get so annoyed. Then again I'm 16 so I get away with being angry and frustrated right? But yes especially on FM08 I felt this always happened, Miles must've put something in the code surely!

iirc "form" is randomly spawned at the start of a new game, hence it may change entirely when you load up a save.

Can't provide a quote and my memory is only vague about this - no doubt someone will back me up/correct me if i'm wrong.

Yeah it has happened to me numerous times with different saves and it is very annoying. Surely there should be some way for your form to be saved alongside every other piece of data so when you load up next time your team won't go and randomly lose at home to a League 1 side for example. It can turn your season sometimes :mad:

OK it has it's advantages in that sense but when you've gone say 12-13 games unbeaten at night, you then go to bed, wake up, go to work and then come home - you load up FM expecting to carry on with your good form but low and behold 9 times out fo 10 for me I'll either lose my 1st match or end up drawing a match I was expecting to win. From there on in it takes me awhile to regain my form unless I have a spell of easier games when it doesn't take quite as long but if I have a spell of mid table clubs or top clubs my form seems to dip and stay that way until I either get abit of luck or a cheeky 1-0 win or something. Sorry rant over :p

I've thought about posting about this before but thought people would scoff at my mad-capped theory and put it down to a coincidence. So glad its not just me! Had it many times where you go on a 10 match unbeaten run then the next day you go on a losing or drawing streak even though the tactics and players used are exactly the same.

I never like to save it when I'm on a good run of form, a superstition which has kept me awake til the early hours on many an occasion!

Same. I don't save and shut it down until I've lost at least 2 matches in a row, which like Alex has kept me up way too late on a work night.

These days I rarely seem to have a good run of form, so I haven't had to worry about being too tired to get up for work. Good news, bad news.

Archived