Is it just me? Chelsea is on starts season with 13-1-0 run

This could be just my bad luck, but in my new 9.3.0 game, Chelsea (I'm Manchester United) is on a 13-1-0 run at the start of the season, with a +28 goal difference!

I'm second with 9-3-2 so I'm already 10 points behind with only 14 games played (and also 11 behind on goal difference)

Has anyone else got a much tougher AI team with 9.3.0, or is it just me?!

I'm not sure exactly what you're saying. Are you saying there's a problem here? It's perfectly possible for a team like Chelsea to go on a run like that. It was possible before 9.3.0. I've not noticed anything unusual in this area with the new patch.

(Is it just me or is this another thread with "is it just me?" in the title? :D)

I'm just amazed at how much of a genius 9.3.0 thinks THE Guus is!

I've never witnessed any team make that kind of start in the game (and don't remember seeing it IRL either)

I guess I'm a bit shocked at how far behind I'm already after just 14 games!

I can assure you I didn't see all those other threads before making this title up :D

In my game, Chelsea had 25 or something unbeaten run before Blackburn one-nil-ed them, and Man U were also on a run until I (Liverpool) defeated them at home. It's now 3 games till the season ends and Chelsea have only lost once, Man U twice and Liverpool (me) lost 3 games, but because of draws, it's still an even chance for each to win.

So i'm pretty satisfied with the game.

In my game, Chelsea had 25 or something unbeaten run before Blackburn one-nil-ed them, and Man U were also on a run until I (Liverpool) defeated them at home. It's now 3 games till the season ends and Chelsea have only lost once, Man U twice and Liverpool (me) lost 3 games, but because of draws, it's still an even chance for each to win.

So i'm pretty satisfied with the game.

I'm not so concerned about unbeaten runs, as the top teams only lose a couple a season.

Winning 13/14 games however worries me and it is extremely hard to catch up!

There always seems to be one team on a big big run.. 4th season (morst of it played on 9.2.0) it was Man U, finishing top with 97 points.

This season, all on 9.3.0, Man City is top with a record of 23-2-2 after 27 games played. One of their losses was against my team..

It really hurts having no chance to win the league with an 18-4-5 record after 27.

Another year goes by.

It is only fourteen games in though as you have put it. There is plenty of time left for Chelsea to drop points and you, or other teams even, to catch up and overtake them. :thup:

Let's hope so!

Chances are, they'll probably do a 37-1-0 run or something..

On a funnier note, it appears my game hates Benitez, Liverpool's on a 4-5-5 run, with a -2 goal difference in 11th position after 14 games!!

Isn't it just how good you can be?

I mean, I'm playing with Ajax and I'm dominating my league (ok, not that hard as in the PL, but still) and I'm on an unbeaten run in the league for a year now. Haven't lost in 32 games and cruising to the championship.

In other words, Guus is just the better coach apparently and if you can't win, you're just not that good (yet).;)

I know Chelsea were underachieving under Big Phil, and they are 3-0-0 (iirc) under Hiddink, so...maybe it's possible. No wonder they seem so desperate to keep him for next year!

Well on my game (started on 9.0.2, updated to 9.0.3 in second season)they went something like 34 league games unbeaten in the first season before I defeated them (as Man Utd) and won the title. I'm not sure if its a recurring problem, although they did seem to be very strong.

I saw Man U win their first 18 games when I was managing in Spain. They went unbeaten untill about the 29th game. This is on 9.0.2 and anyone of the top teams are capable of going on a run like this so I think you just have to say well done and that it is not going to be your season

There's nothing wrong at all. Arsenal (I play Manchester United) went on 16-5-1 with Emmanuel Adebayor scoring with a ratio of 1.05 for three consecutive seasons. I know Arsenal is an attractive team but when a striker has a scoring ratio of 1.05 (which means 1 goal per game) for the whole damn seasons (and three years running), I go nuts. I almost screamed when I realized Adebayor scored 45 goals in 42 appearances last season, and is repeating the feat this season in my game.

That said, I have won the EPL for 5 consecutive seasons, and on track for a 6th (5 points clear, 10 games remaining, major rival matches left are home matches with Arsenal and Chelsea). Heh!

Archived