free kicks

is there a way of making your player always shoot from free kicks? ive noticed even if you have a player with preffered move of tries long range free kicks/ long shots they still play it short sometimes to some one who is hopeless at shooting. i noticed on the team instructions there is the option that just says long but i assumed this is just saying to play a long ball into the box or am i wrong and it is in fact have a long shot?

is there a way of making your player always shoot from free kicks? ive noticed even if you have a player with preffered move of tries long range free kicks/ long shots they still play it short sometimes to some one who is hopeless at shooting. i noticed on the team instructions there is the option that just says long but i assumed this is just saying to play a long ball into the box or am i wrong and it is in fact have a long shot?

Just a thought, do the 'Long Shots', 'Through Ball' and 'Cross Ball' sliders have an effect here?

Pretty rubbish if they do because you may well want your free-kick taker to shoot from FKs but pass in other situations (e.g. David Beckham).

It does happen alot. But what i do is just have two or three players forward on attacking set-pieces. The I set them to 'mark opposition goalkeeper' or 'disrupt wall'. That way there shouldn't be anyone near enough to pass to, and force him to shoot. I also find that when the free-kick taker does pass it, the player who recieves the pass never seems to know it's coming, as if it's taken him by suprise. That's annoying icon_mad.gif

Archived