Current Ability Star Colour

Because the silver stars aren't as valuable as the gold ones.

If I have interpreted this correctly, one gold star is between than seven silver stars. Gold is the premier tier.

That's not true. Silver stars indicate how good the scouted player is compared to your youth players. Gold stars = compared to senior players.

Nope. I'm almost certain they stand for potential.
I thought gold stars meanta player is better than a player with silver stars?

Take a look at your scout reports screen, the silver stars don't even appear under PA section. Older players have gold stars under CA section, younger players have silver ones.

As I said before, silver = ability compared to youth players (youth level), Gold = ability compared to senior players. Players whose current ability is shown in silver stars are not necessarily worse than those with gold ones, they're just young enough to go under the youth category.

Nope. I'm almost certain they stand for potential.

Has this system changed for FM09 (i'm still on 08)?

I don't think i've ever seen a player with CA in gold stars and PA in silver. I always thought silver stars were for youth players and therefore generally below gold stars i.e. on a 14 notch scale of how good a player is, notches 1-7 are silver and 8-14 are gold, with 14 being the very very best.

EDIT: post above explains it

Archived