need help with patch i have never done it before

whats steam mate?

i just wanna download the patch because i hear there is loads of bugs so what is the patch exactly? does it get rid of the bugs and make the game better/run better? also once i downloaded so i need to put it in a fm09 folder? or what happens once i double click the patch ? like i said i will know what to do if someone explains am not stupid just i have not ever used a patch before and i got the pes options file the other day which wasnt hard once explained so plz explain

thankyou

If you have bought a boxed version of the game, you do not need to know about Steam.

Steam is a website service where you can purchase and download games. If you purchase/download FM09 from steam, everytime you run FM09 it will automatically search for updates from Steam and if there are updates, it will download them for you.

If you have a boxed version of the game on PC (not mac) then you activate the game on line once it is installed. After that, simply run the exe patch and it will do the rest for you.

happy gaming!

A lot of people will tell you it was a bad idea picking STEAM. However, I bought the boxed version and activated by STEAM and I am very happy with it. Getting the patches automatically is great. Just so you know, you don't have to open the game via STEAM when you want to play it.

why is it a bad idea?

also i have a problem after it updated on steam i right clicked on launch game now its saying cannot run game : failed to set up graphics system what does this mean ?

do you have the latest DirectX installed? if not download and install the latest Direct X and it should work

Archived