dafuge's FMH09 Challenge

Hello, and welcome to dafuge's FMH09 Challenge!

With permission from dafuge himself, I am recreating the popular dafuge's FM09 Challenge, from the PC version of the game.

-------------------------------------------

The Aim

The main aim of a dafuge's FMH09 Challenge game is to take a small, virtually unknown club from the lowest leagues of football to become a famous team, known throughout the world for winning competitions both domestic and continental.

The Instructions

Unfortunately, you can't start a game unemployed on FMH, so instead you will have to take over a club and then resign. If you are playing a game without any updates, I suggest starting as Wrexham, as they are managerless on the game. If you are using a update for the January transfer window, Blackpool, Hartlepool and Barnet are all good choices, as none have managers, so you taking over and leaving won't have an effect on any team. You will then be unemployed. When you are unemployed, go on holiday until the end of the season. By the time you return from holiday the season will be over (or as good as over), and teams will have been relegated from the BSP and promoted from the BSN and the BSS. None of these clubs will have managers, so apply for whichever one takes your fancy and you should get the job. Just incase, I would save just before you apply, so if it doesn't work out you you can reload your game and try to get the job again.

The Rules

You must not join a new club unless you are sacked from your club. If you are sacked, the only job you can take is one of a team that is promoted come the end of the season.

No international management is allowed, until you have completed the challenge.

Unlockables must not be used, as they can benefit you significantly and take away the majority of the challenge.

Wages that are unrealistic cannot be offered, seeing as there is a bug where the Board let you offer whatever big players want. I will leave it to you to decide what you think is unrealistic, but I hope everyone will try and keep the game realistic.

Unfortunately, that is all there is to say, I hope everyone who takes part in this challenge will enjoy it, as I know that many PC FM'ers have for years now!

Thanks, and good luck:thup::)

AFC Wimbledon

The teams that got promoted on my game were Hampton & Richmond, AFC Wimbledon, AFC Telford and Tamworth.

I applied for all of these teams, in case the one I wanted, AFC Wimbledon, rejected me.

Luckily, they offered me the job, and I took over.

I was given a budget of £1k, although I wasn't planning on spending this.

In the summer transfer window I bought in Matthew Oakes on a free transfer, and Peter Bore, Ben Griffiths, Danny Hylton and Alessio Campoli on loan.

In addition to this, Will Gill and Chris Mills were both promoted to my academy, Mills looking the better of the two.

My main target of the season was to stay up, and to bulk out my squad, as it consisted of just 16 players.

The season started better than I thought, though. After 35 games I was in 8th with 55 points.

I'll update this come the end of the season:thup:

Afaik England is the only league with 5 playable leagues, yeah? What are the other ones?

It's better to have a bigger league structure, as it makes it more of a challenge.

But I guess, if you want to manage in another country, it would be fine. Just make sure you start as a team that has just been promoted:thup:

What country were you thinking of playing in?

I have just started this :)

i'm AFC Telford and i am 6th in the blue square division after playing 13 games

I have won 4, drawn 7 and lost 2

My top goalscorer is Alipio on loan from Rio Ave Futebol Clube with 8 goals in 13 games :)

Season Finished

Heres whats happened so far:

I won the BSP with a total of Won 41 and Drew 5 No Losses :D

I also won the Fa Trophy and Setanta Shield and i got to the semi finals of the FA cup only to be knocked out by Arsenal In ET, it was 2-1.

I signed aload of players on bosmans and the players are:

Gianluigi Blanco

Jonjo Shelvey

Riccardo Brosco

Omar Benzerga

Eidur Gudjohnsen

Alessandro Del Piero (Yes the famous Itialian at Welling :))

Edmilson

Jack Wilshere

Joris Delle

Most of them are in my starting line up atm also my Goals For: 3.05 P/M Goals Against: 1.02 P/M

The start to my League 2 season has been extremely successful playing 15 and winning all of them :D

More updates to come when i finish my League 2 Season :thup:

Mmmm, i don't think so anyway there both retireing at the end of the season for me, grrr, i've got a 2 youth's who have been banging in the goals for me this season and last season.

Terry Howarth:

2009/10: 56 Games 45 Goals 10 Assists

2010/11: 15 Games 12 Goals 4 Assists

Marvin Vincent:

2009/10: 51 Games 39 Goals 15 Assists

2010/11: 9 Games 7 Goals 1 Assists :D

Started as AFC Wimbledon and have restricted myself to only signing players that are INTERESTED! Currently doing well in League 1 with a max wage of £1,300. Noticed a few decent young regens start at Southport so managed to sign a couple. Most spent on a player so far has been £30,000 as club finances are still insecure, even after the double promotion.

08/09 - Holiday

09/10 - BSP - 1st

10/11 - League 2 - 1st

Started as AFC Wimbledon and have restricted myself to only signing players that are INTERESTED! Currently doing well in League 1 with a max wage of £1,300. Noticed a few decent young regens start at Southport so managed to sign a couple. Most spent on a player so far has been £30,000 as club finances are still insecure, even after the double promotion.

08/09 - Holiday

09/10 - BSP - 1st

10/11 - League 2 - 1st

wow... youve done really good so far well done. Im more restricted on the wages. In first season i had £1000 now in my second season im down to 650!!!

i know what you mena about southport ive got a few good players off them also as well as maidenhead united and fleetwood town.

wow... youve done really good so far well done. Im more restricted on the wages. In first season i had £1000 now in my second season im down to 650!!!

In the BSP (09/10) my max wage was £475, after winning the league and promotion to League 2 (10/11) it went down to £450. :confused:

• 4 weeks later...

Just started the challenge with Chelmsford Town, had choice of them, Telford, AFC Wimbledon and Southport

Currently on 12/09/2009 and am 2nd in Blue Square Prem. P 9, W 5, D 3, L 1. F: 19 A: 12

following free players have signed for 450 p/w or less:-

Goalies:-

Erick Isnard (aged 25)

Dan Weait (aged 22)

Def:

Pasquelle Anglio DC (aged 19)

Biewe Geert Pruiksrma DC (aged 23)

Redwan El Bakkali DC (aged 22)

Tim Peeters DLC (aged 20)

Jao Aruajo DR (aged 23)

Tresor Diowo DLC (aged 22)

Frederic Baldi DC (aged 23)

Gabriele Brindonia SW/DC (aged 21)

Mid

Fillippo Corti DMC (Aged 19)

Edgar AMR (aged 33)

From Youth Team:

Garry Rhodes MC (aged 15)

At moment having to play defenders or midfielders upfront in a 4-3-3

not doing bad but conceeding lot of goals

ive being playing as scarborough on this challenge and ive taken scrborough from blue square premier to the premiership in 6 years. looking at winning the premiership in 2 to 3 seasons.

league stats

08/09 13th in blue square
09/10 1st in blue square
10/11 2rd in league two
11/12 7th in league one
12/13 1st in league one
13/14 1st in championship

Archived