Official Oxford United Thread: 8.0.2

dexta200

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hello again folks. Wow been away for a good week and the thread has grown with 10-11 pages, it’s unreal.

I haven’t updated my progress for a while, I’ve gained promotion from league one and I’m now in my first season in the championship.

Currently occupying the last playoff spot but I’ll be very surprised if I have this spot when the season ends. I’ll come with a real update end of season.

I see that a lot of you can se the ca and pa of the players. I guess you use some kind of scouting tool. I’m tempted to use

this kind of tool to find regens, do you guys think this is alright or is it kind of cheating? My biggest argument for using this

tool is because the scouts in the game sucks and they have no idea when it comes to a players potential. Do you guys think

this argument is good enough?

Good luck all, I guess this thread will reach legendary status soon.

Luffe, fanatstic mate well done! Think positive: you'll be in the Prem soon! As for the scouting thing I agree mate, the scouting system for youngsters is pretty useless so I use mini-scout yes. Not really chesting imo... not much anyway.

As for the thread, surely it's already legendary!? icon_biggrin.gif

Zombie, the obvious choice would be the legendary Ganea, a real machine. Also try Sburlea and Ched Evans.

Hi guys just loaded up my game. Haven't played it in a few days. At the moment i'm 7th in league 1 2 points off 6th place with 11 games left so hopefully I should get in the playoffs. Its been a tough season dont know which tactic to use. I just beaten Milwall in the South final now I got Notts Forest in the proper final. Let you know how I finish.

The transfer window just closed.here are my transfers

transfersnl6.jpg

I tried to sign Ganea but he has one year left on his contract a doesn't want to leave yet.

Crawford has a PA of 191.

Most of my team are unhappy as a had crappy offers for all of the and I rejected them and now there unhappy.The offers were 0k plus arrange friendly.

Originally posted by ypresfr:

Luffe, fanatstic mate well done! Think positive: you'll be in the Prem soon! As for the scouting thing I agree mate, the scouting system for youngsters is pretty useless so I use mini-scout yes. Not really chesting imo... not much anyway.

As for the thread, surely it's already legendary!? icon_biggrin.gif

If a team thread that reaches 26 pages isn’t legendary I don’t know that is ïŠ I’m changing my vote to â€defiantly legendary thread†icon_wink.gif

Well I’ve decided to use a scouting tool, people can flame me if they want. You’ve done an excellent job in this thread ypresfr, you and Tom deserves all the credit for the length of this thread icon14.gif

Sparky, yeah let's hope you can get the play-offs mate. Good luck in the JPT. icon14.gif

Just luck with work permits I think. Tom had really bad luck in his first 2 Oxford saves but on his 3rd each one he got! Guess you are just a bit unlucky. NEVER take that job mate: make Oxford a better team than United. I turned down offers from Arsenal, Chelsea and Man Utd and hav never regretted it. REJECT!

Zombie, nice transfers mate. Has Sburlea not been getting you goals? Samuel, Nordtveit, Angulo, Saez, Corradini all great players. Ha, you sold Martis for £200k after buying him for free after less than a month, what is Paul Ince doing?

Luffe, this is THE best team thread imo. It's grown amazingly but is also good for conversation instead of Lyon/Arsenal threads which are usually "here's my amazing team, where do I improve?". Thanks for the credit mate, but it couldn't have got this big without all of you guys, thanks everyone! icon_smile.gif

Zombie, nice transfers mate. Has Sburlea not been getting you goals? Samuel, Nordtveit, Angulo, Saez, Corradini all great players. Ha, you sold Martis for £200k after buying him for free after less than a month, what is Paul Ince doing?

Sburlea has been crap.He's played 4 games and has got a 6-6-5-6.

Paul Ince is now manager of Cardiff.MK Dons has got a regen manager.

Originally posted by ypresfr:

Oh okay, a pretty stupid regen manager then!

Never had Sburlea personally but Tom said he was great for him so maybe he needs time to settle in. Drop him if he's not playing well but do you have a replacement?

Sorry.

Originally posted by Sweet-Zombie-Jesus:

Sburlea has been crap.He's played 4 games and has got a 6-6-5-6.

Sburlea used about a season before he started to bang them in for me. Then he was sold during summer holidays for 3.5 mill. Have faith in him, he just needs time.

End of Winter Transfer Window

Squad

04202008172759ty4.th.jpg

average age only 22 aswell \o/ and after a slow start the Hoskins/Ebanks partnership is picking up pace no goals from anywhere else is slightly worrying though

Transfers In

Emil Salomonsson - Free

Tomislav Pavlov - £7k

Jason Marr - £3k

Craig Dobson - Free

Transfers Out

Cherno Samba - £28k

Carl Pettefer - £6k

Eddie Anaclet - £80k

Chris Willmott - Released (was on 1k a week and no one wanted him)

Malcolm Christie - Free (didn't play, injured, money wasting)

Future Transfers In

Roy Kortsmit - £1k looks ok and only 15

Overall..

Dumped out of the fa cup by man utd but gained 250k for the balance and currently in the remaining cups and 15 points clear in the league, looks for more goals next season though icon_mad.gif

Wooooooooo after rejecting the Man Utd job I carried on with the mighty Oxford and managed to get promoted to the Championship with a hard fought victory over Notts Forest.

Updates to follow...

Say mid-table mate, just to be on the safe side!

Backup GK: Makriadze or a regen

DR: San Roman, Onyekachi Apam, Nicolas Frey, Dor Malul, Mateo Musacchio, Rukavina

DC: David Yepes, Valery-Nahayo, David Duquesnoy, Humberto Mendoza, Bayall Sall

MC: My Bernardo, Elvio Martinez, Bicfalvi, Carlos Saez, Samuel (both Rayo), Ianis Zicu, Patricio Rodriguez, Josh Wright, Simon Ferry, Luca Santoniconto

FC: Ganea, Sburlea, Despotovic, Ched Evans.

And ofc the usual loans etc.

No Ledgister I'm afraid Tom: he was ineligible but I still played my B team and they didn't do too badly:

oxfordb31romapu5.jpg

Fantastic result, esp for the B team! Lupoli's second was when Roma's keeper went up for a corner and we broke away for Lupoli to score in an open net but I don't care! icon_biggrin.gif

Villaneuva looks great mate, and we all know that Galvan and Bouzanis are quality, so I would say pretty good transfers. If you want a right winger I would suggest Lulinha: fantastic player. Have you been scouting for regens mate: should be some great ones turning up! Best of luck! icon14.gif

celtic why?!

and briz use mini scout its kinda cheating but who cares you want thebest players. they way i look at it is if this was real life the players would be brought to your attentin via he media and there not so i say use it!

I find the best way is to look in the Under 18/19/20/21s of the best national teams eg. South American countries, Italy, France, Spain etc. Another useful way is to scout any youth competitons such as Under 19 World Cup. Also checking the youth teams of the usual (Arsenal, Ajax, Sao Paulo etc) can also be useful. Happy hunting! icon14.gif

And I use miniscout (yes I know it's cheating but what the hey).

Squad so far!

squadchampyq8.jpg

Here is my squad so far for the Championship but I think it needs improving a lot. Ive tried signing players mentioned and their either not interested or I can't get work permits for them. Really annoying me now icon_mad.gif

Help Needed please.

I'd say you def need a DC or two Sparky so get a loan or Obama, who is great. Sashi Chalwe is quite cheap or Barengrub is pretty good. I think you should be okay:

GK: Scribe

DR: Rafael/Possebon

DL: Dubarbier

DC: Cordos

DC: New signing

MC: Wright

MC: Soley

MC: Bernardo

AMC: Saez

FC: Ebanks-Blake

FC: Vokes

Archived