4-3-3 set where wingers cut in and score

the files are below there are two versions of the tactic the normal tactic should be used in most situations apart from when the opposistion is playing on the counter you should always read the scout reports for teams and if they are countering use the control version. if the opposition play a similar formation to you ie two wide AMs and a lone striker you should put backwards arrows on your full backs and have them man marking.

Mediafire

Normal

http://www.mediafire.com/?k2j4xen45iy

Control

http://www.mediafire.com/?klijnyj2nxy

File Factory

Normal

http://www.filefactory.com/file/af80303/n/4-3-3_Liverpool_Dec_2009_tac

Control

http://www.filefactory.com/file/af80304/n/4-3-3_Control_Liverpool_Aug_2009_tac

this is my formation and the players on there gives you an idea of what kind of players you need. My wingers are babel and pandev. babel is right footed and plays on the left side and pandev left footed on right this helps a lot also wingers need good dribbling and finishing long shots also helps crossing is not important so dont look for this when buying wingers

4-3-3.jpg

pandev.jpg

Torresform.jpg

in the midfield you need a attack minded midfielder (gerrard) needs good long shots passing finishing and off the ball. Hamsik is good in this role if you have not got someone like gerrard in your team. alongside him you need a creative midfielder (alonso) needs good passing creativity first touch. for the defensive midfielder (mascherano) you need tackling marking strength work rate and passing helps too

Striker needs a bit of everything (torres) finishing composure pace accelaration heading jumping and dribbling also it is better if the striker is a FC because he has a free role if your striker is an ST learn him to play as an AMC and he will thean be a AM/FC

The defence is pretty much like any other if you have any questions please ask

PLAYMAKER IS LEFT CENTRE MID PUT HIM IN LIST BUT DONT TICK BOX

PUT YOUR STRIKER IN TARGET MAN LIST BUT DONT TICK BOX

YOUR RIGHT FREE KICK TAKER SHOULD BE LEFT FOOTED AND VICE VERSA

it depends read the scouting report if it sais they often look to draw the opposition on to them before attemting the counter then use control if they play low tempo use the normal tactic can you post your results on here please bobMUFC

Loving those match stats, ill give it a bash for the rest of my season, iv got around 10 games left + cups:thup:

I take it you use control in difficult away games?

are you playing with man united bob if you are i would think ronaldo would score loads in this tactic if you played him on the left or the right

Gonna give it a try whit Inter, ho should i use as playmaker?

Viera, Cambiasso, Stankovic, Muntari or Jimenez?

i would use jimenez and play him left MC withj Stankovic right MC and cambiasso defensive mid

I have been struggling with tactics for a while but come across this one. i think it is a brill tactic, started a new game with real madrid and the opening of the season has started very well.i have played 6 games in league and won them all only conceding 2 and scoring 17. played 2 games in champions league and won them both comfortably. Solid in defence and good goin forward.i have won the super cup against valencia 5-1 on agg. i would post screenies but dont know how to. What effect does it happen when you only put, say van der vaart as playmaker but dont tick playmaker!

I have been struggling with tactics for a while but come across this one. i think it is a brill tactic, started a new game with real madrid and the opening of the season has started very well.i have played 6 games in league and won them all only conceding 2 and scoring 17. played 2 games in champions league and won them both comfortably. Solid in defence and good goin forward.i have won the super cup against valencia 5-1 on agg. i would post screenies but dont know how to. What effect does it happen when you only put, say van der vaart as playmaker but dont tick playmaker!

thanks for feedback when you set van der vaart as a playmaker but do not tick the box he will only act as a semi playmaker meaning he only is a playmaker when he has the ball it basicly means that everyone will not be passing to him as much as if he was a full playmaker

Well im not going to be able to finish the season with these tactics as iv become intrested in some Brian Clough tactics, mainly due to that new film about him. But i played about 8 games with them and they do seem pretty good, i dont think theyd suit a team which hasnt got some quality in the side though, youve got the winger setup spot on and they do often have chances to score, however the defensive setup needs to be tightened imo, its really vunerable to being hit on the break, despite that though i had good results, two draws that i should have won and the rest wins, most notably 4-1 against Chelsea, maybe if these Clough tactics dont work i might re-visit this tactic:thup:

anyone tried it with a lower league team?

not sure if it will work mate it works for me with liverpool and has worked for others with real madrid and man utd. if you get the right kind of players in i see no reason why it shouldnt work with lower league teams though

I give it a try with a lower league team

So if the opp plays with AMR AML and a lone striker than I must give both CB's a arrow back and set them to man mark?

what to do when they play aml amr and 2 strikers?

thanks

zonal mark on your CBs if they play 1 striker but have your fullbacks man mark their wingers

any other time leave settings unchanged

can you post your results on here please

Burford: decided to try this with my Man City team - 1st season after getting mixed results with my 4-2-3-1 and must say have been very impressed with both the results and the quality of football ive been seeing. Robinho (AML) and Vagner Love (ST) have been superb, with either Elano or Arteta (MCa) playing well above expectations also.

Anyways heres my results (would post screenies but wont let me for some reason)

P28 W16 D7 L5 F50 A23

And if im honest everyone of those defeats was a probably due to poor team talks (apart from a 6-0 defeat to Inter in Uefa Cup Quaters - down to 9 men after 15 mins!!!)

So all in all looking forward to a new season. Gonna have a little look at tightening at the back. I'll let u know if i get anything useful out of it

Burford: decided to try this with my Man City team - 1st season after getting mixed results with my 4-2-3-1 and must say have been very impressed with both the results and the quality of football ive been seeing. Robinho (AML) and Vagner Love (ST) have been superb, with either Elano or Arteta (MCa) playing well above expectations also.

Anyways heres my results (would post screenies but wont let me for some reason)

P28 W16 D7 L5 F50 A23

And if im honest everyone of those defeats was a probably due to poor team talks (apart from a 6-0 defeat to Inter in Uefa Cup Quaters - down to 9 men after 15 mins!!!)

So all in all looking forward to a new season. Gonna have a little look at tightening at the back. I'll let u know if i get anything useful out of it

thanks for the feedback a few others have said it needs to be tighter at the back if you find anything works well please let me know

Gonna give this a go with Barcelona.

3 questions:

1) This is for patch 9.3 right?

2) Why has Gerrard Liverpool's best player only got 6.96 average rating? Are there any ways of improving this position cos was gonna use Iniesta here but don't want poor ratings for him.

3) How do full backs do on this? Are they defensive or offensive and do they chip in with assists (I have Dani Alves and Guadardo who trained as a left back is quality now)

Gonna give this a go with Barcelona.

3 questions:

1) This is for patch 9.3 right?

2) Why has Gerrard Liverpool's best player only got 6.96 average rating? Are there any ways of improving this position cos was gonna use Iniesta here but don't want poor ratings for him.

3) How do full backs do on this? Are they defensive or offensive and do they chip in with assists (I have Dani Alves and Guadardo who trained as a left back is quality now)

dont worry about that rating for gerrard he had only played 3 games in that screenshot the season before he got a 7.21 and yes its for 9.3 my full backs are aurelio and arbeloa they did ok with assists as long as they are pretty good at defending its ok

Im currently using Srna and Bridge as fullbacks and theyre playing awesome. Srna 3 goals & 3 assists in 5 games and Bridge 2 goals & 4 assists.

Tweaked the RWB to mixed and upped CF by 3 notches and theyre playing awesome.

And dont worry about improving the MCa, any intelligent midfielder will play well there and get u loads of assists and goals. Currently using Arteta = magic!!!

dont worry about that rating for gerrard he had only played 3 games in that screenshot the season before he got a 7.21 and yes its for 9.3 my full backs are aurelio and arbeloa they did ok with assists as long as they are pretty good at defending its ok

Thanks for the feedback. There has been a definite lack of good 4-3-3 tactics in previous patches for 09 and 08 so I'm glad there may be one here. I will let you know how I'm getting on

Im currently using Srna and Bridge as fullbacks and theyre playing awesome. Srna 3 goals & 3 assists in 5 games and Bridge 2 goals & 4 assists.

Tweaked the RWB to mixed and upped CF by 3 notches and theyre playing awesome.

And dont worry about improving the MCa, any intelligent midfielder will play well there and get u loads of assists and goals. Currently using Arteta = magic!!!

thanks for feedback i will try out your few tweaks and see if it works well for me if they work better i will post them in here

Thanks for the feedback. There has been a definite lack of good 4-3-3 tactics in previous patches for 09 and 08 so I'm glad there may be one here. I will let you know how I'm getting on

ok read the previous post and someone has recomended a few changes to help your full backs and foward and can you post your results here please

Thinking of giving this a go with my Sunderland team in 2018 I have won alot but want to change to a lone striker as I have alot of good wingers and CMs. My wingers are regens and my right winger has awesome stats but a weak left foot should I retrain him to play on the left?

Thinking of giving this a go with my Sunderland team in 2018 I have won alot but want to change to a lone striker as I have alot of good wingers and CMs. My wingers are regens and my right winger has awesome stats but a weak left foot should I retrain him to play on the left?

it would probably be better if he played on the left if possible try to get wingers who can use both feet ok

The tactic is very good, most goals score the striker, however the wingers also get some (in my case the left one). The MC with foward arrow is quite important player, he gets a lot of assists if he can pass acurately.Unfortunately the DMC with the back arrow regularly gets a poor rating, dunno why :/ But still, in almost every game 20+ shots, more or less half of them on target(depends on the game) So far I played 10 games with this tactic and won 9 (one was drawn aftr my heavy domination, it was a miracle that nobody scored) Tactic recommended for strong and medium teams

Btw I play Juventus (but I'm in 2018 so the squad is totaly different, just 4-5 players left from original roster)

Archived