youth/U National Teams misc points

Have the U National Teams improved significantly since FM2008?

Personally I would first like to rant/ask?

Why not do the most realistic thing

Create

U15

U16

U17

U18

U19

and

U21

This is after all what happens IRL and for the U15 team their is usually a training camp of lets say 200-300 players from where the first squad is made such a camp could be implemented in FM as well....

Also I searched the forums (as is advised) for topics and youth teams and found out that one can start as the manager of a U19/U21 team in FM09 if this is the case I would be very happy :)

But that there sadly still is some problems with applying for the positions

In the name of realism I think it would add a lot of depth if we could manage the National U21 Team and then move on to club management.

I also would take great enjoyment out of being able to work/apply solely as the manager of clubs youth side's as this is the case in RL working side by side with the Manager.

This would also make the game more realistic for me as most managers start out coaching a youth side then progress to say a lower league team and then progress back to maybe take over the First Team of the former.

I.E.

Starting out being the youth Manager of Liverpool after a couple of season get a job with Burnley produce some outstanding results get a job at Villa qualify for Champions League with Villa and being offered the head job at Liverpool.

This would also make scouting for Regens a lot more realistic and it is not many 16 year olds that debut in their U19sides, but instead these 16 year olds would in most cases be part of the U16 or U17.

This is after all what happens IRL and for the U15 team their is usually a training camp of lets say 200-300 players

Which national team has a U15 team training camp of 200+ players!

In FM you couldn't really have U15 (and probably U16) as regens don't get created at that time.

You'd also have to subsitute U21 for U20 outside Europe as U20 is used more in Africa/South America.

U17/U18 squads however I am all for :thup:

This is after all what happens IRL and for the U15 team their is usually a training camp of lets say 200-300 players from where the first squad is made such a camp could be implemented in FM as well....

Uh, no, that doesn't happen in real life. 200-300 u15 year olds is called a secondary school. In real life, scouts are responsible for recommending the top, at a stretch, 50 players.

Uh, no, that doesn't happen in real life. 200-300 u15 year olds is called a secondary school. In real life, scouts are responsible for recommending the top, at a stretch, 50 players.

Sicne I work with NAtional Team

You have regional call ups at U14 Level usually 50boys from each region

The best 10-15 from each region get called on to the "national" camp for the U15 national team, this is like common fact I can even list you the names of some of the famous camps since these camps are filled with agents and scouts.

don't try to play smart routine Gavin doesn't suit you

Sicne I work with NAtional Team

Hello, and welcome to the internet. I'm Prince Abdullah of Nigeria, my father was recently disposed and has left a sum of money in my hands. Since there is no way for you to verify my claim, take what I say on its merit rather than any particular claims I come out with.

You have regional call ups at U14 Level usually 50boys from each region

The best 10-15 from each region get called on to the "national" camp for the U15 national team, this is like common fact I can even list you the names of some of the famous camps since these camps are filled with agents and scouts.

Yes, camps. The international manager never sees the 300 players. Scouts and coaches pick out the best people - obviously how this is done depends on the country. In France, there are the regional camps you talk about. In Ireland, there's no such thing, just scouts going around to clubs in Ireland and England. The point being, the national manager never has to deal with 300 players, and never will in this game either. Do you propose they do more work than an actual under age national manager and look through the individual stats of 300 player profiles?

don't try to play smart routine Gavin doesn't suit you
Don't insult people. This is a civil forum.

Hello, and welcome to the internet. I'm Prince Abdullah of Nigeria, my father was recently disposed and has left a sum of money in my hands. Since there is no way for you to verify my claim, take what I say on its merit rather than any particular claims I come out with.

Yes, camps. The international manager never sees the 300 players. Scouts and coaches pick out the best people - obviously how this is done depends on the country. In France, there are the regional camps you talk about. In Ireland, there's no such thing, just scouts going around to clubs in Ireland and England. The point being, the national manager never has to deal with 300 players, and never will in this game either. Do you propose they do more work than an actual under age national manager and look through the individual stats of 300 player profiles?

Don't insult people. This is a civil forum.

Well you are the one who is insulting me since you try to ridicule my claims

The First National Team call up is usually done as a big summer camp (following UEFA recommendation) in most countries in Europe.

At this stage usually each region sends their best 11 to the camp

in the summer of 2009 this will include the players born 94, this camp is headed by a team of coaches under the guidance of the "U15 would be National Manager".

I believe some smaller nations may or may not have adopted a different approach but this hold true in the majority of the cases.

Well you are the one who is insulting me since you try to ridicule my claims
It's a joke, apologies if it doesn't come across in translation. On the internet, you can be anyone you like.
in the summer of 2009 this will include the players born 94, this camp is headed by a team of coaches under the guidance of the "U15 would be National Manager".
The coach will never see each and every individual player; and since this is a game, how do you propose it works in the game? Almost every 15 year old is generated, and since there are (almost) no 14 year olds, the squad would only be together 5 or 6 times a year before the entire squad changes.

Also, almost every 15 year old has low stats and were there 300 players there, 99% of them would be indistinguishable. You would need to have your scouts assess their potential to see who's worth developing; At that rate, with would be just as easy for the game to suggest 40/50 players, the way that it does for the club youth squads.

Also, almost every 15 year old has low stats and were there 300 players there, 99% of them would be indistinguishable. You would need to have your scouts assess their potential to see who's worth developing; At that rate, with would be just as easy for the game to suggest 40/50 players, the way that it does for the club youth squads.

Thats a fair point

very few out of the 200-300 actually go on to make it to the professional/semi professional world of football that FM simulates.

So perhaps it would be better just to start with the actual U15NAtional Team

But I still think starting with the player data one year earlier wouldn't hurt...

But the youngest players in FM08 were born 92 (excluding regens that come later) at least in some of the leagues

so in FM09 if the youngest players are born 93

then you can in theory manage to have the whole spectrum of youth national sides

• 2 years later...

You can choose to control the reserves or youth team of any club you manage. I don't know the process as i've never tried it but you may be a case of you having to take control over the first team first. if you could live with that minor detail and the game mechanics allow the team to recruit another first team manager giving you sole control of the reserves/youth then this could be possible.

You can choose to control the reserves or youth team of any club you manage. I don't know the process as i've never tried it but you may be a case of you having to take control over the first team first. if you could live with that minor detail and the game mechanics allow the team to recruit another first team manager giving you sole control of the reserves/youth then this could be possible.

Is this possible though to still manage the U20 team while the team replaces me for the first team?

Archived