FM21 Iron Curtain - It is Covid-19 Free and you are invited

Wolf_pd

I am currently working on the FM20 version of the Iron Curtain. It is taking way too much time for my feeling, while fixing a lot of the little things I didn't know the Advanced Rules could do.

While being able to copy from FM20 to FM21 will increase the speed of building the FM21 version, I am very much open to people joining up for the FM21 version.

The simple reason: I am still of the opinion my worldwide approach is the right one, but at the same time the project is too big for one editor.

So I am inviting editors to work with me on the FM21 version.
The only request I have is that you have something to add to the team we will build. This is not basic or starter level stuff, considering you are looking at almost a world rebuild.
At the same time, I will be carrying the bulk of the load, so you won't see me sit back and make you do all the work. I have learned a lot on the FM20 version, but I am also seeing that I miss valuable knowledge to fix certain issues.
Also, even though I think, doing a worldwide change is correct, at the same time I am finding that I made decisions that are making life hard now.
It is a good thing to be able to discuss stuff and making sure there are more voices with opinions than just the four in my head :D

Feel free to ask how you can help or offer your assistance in this thread.

I would say, mainly international competition, both club and country. Doing those in Advanced Rules has been a challenge to get them right.

Also, right now, the new countries like Yugoslavia, Soviet Union, Czechoslovakia and East Germany are only going down to level 2. For immersion I would like to go deeper.

Added to that you can think of all the ideas and suggestions that popped up in the Iron Curtain thread. For instance, I realised that I will need to tune down the Chinese competition, because it is way too rich compared to the European competitions when the foreign plaer rules come in. Players will get their money in China, which is not the intention of the mod. All those things and thoughts need to come from one person now, while having a discussion and having more people bring in ideas when they are seeing the exact thing being build would help a lot.

Il y a 2 heures, Wolf_pd a dit :

For instance, I realised that I will need to tune down the Chinese competition, because it is way too rich compared to the European competitions when the foreign plaer rules come in. Players will get their money in China, which is not the intention of the mod.

At least that part we know what to tweak in the Editor. Nations->China->Transfers and Contracts->Transfer Values as well as Weekly Wages Values. Tone down whatever you want in there to limit how much money Chinese clubs will spend on a player, and how valuable players in China are. You can also take a look at Continent Transfer Preferences and tweak where China likes to go shopping. You could increase the activity between China and Asia while toning down the activity between China and Africa or Europe. Of course you could also limit the finances of Chinese clubs, increase taxes, edit the league rules to lower the prize money...

editor_2020-10-25_13-32-55.png

editor_2020-10-25_13-32-50.png

editor_2020-10-25_13-32-43.png

Edited by Xavier Lukhas

I would also consider the idea of amending the Chinese foreigners rules. I don't know what is hard coded there but in 1988 there were no Europeans/South Americans/Africans going to play in China(at least from what I can find). Don't forget that China has changed a lot. 

Yes, absolutely true what you say there. China in 1988 would be quite different to what it is today.

I would expect it to be a rather closed society football wise, comparable to Albania, Romania or Bulgaria. And there are other countries that could be quite similar that I have overlooked, because they are at first not in the Europe Iron Curtain scope. At the same time, they do influence the game a lot. Arabian football money wasn't a thing in the late 80s.